The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
One warning to those attending for the first time: this is prime graduation season as well as wedding season (who doesn't want to be a June bride?) so hotels down in Marion fill up quick. The quality of accommodations is okay but nothing to write home about and the service leaves something to be desired. I once had a room sold out from under me after the first night.

IMO you can't get better than "Loft Security" that weekend. I'll certainly put my name in the hat, Mary.

I stayed last year in one of the hotels - the Fairfield maybe- it was neither good or bad, just a basic hotel.

This year I used airbnb and scored what looks to be a charming little barn loft about 30 min away , for $50 a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE
Old 06-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyFB View Post
Well now Neil, it if IS a banjitar, and you don't want it, I'll take it!
Lol. I hate to sound ungrateful but I was fishing for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Yeah, Neil ....
Mary, I love you like a sister but why must you tease? I'm going to have a word with Tim! ;-b
Old 06-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Music soothes the soul!

I am traveling from DC to Morral on Thurs and back on Sun. If there is someone not too far off that path that needs a ride let me know.

Last edited by cigarfan; 06-21-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:31 AM

Who's watching the weather forecast for Morral, OH this week? Should I bring a poncho?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:58 AM
AGF Sponsor

Neilmyster,my brother, I ain't telling details because I am not sure what my details entail.

Ya gotta be here to know how the weekend will turn out. I got an e-mail this morning to learn we are still working out details because our skype is in the middle of making changes. I have to make my schedule and door prizes fit Coldshots. Poor ole Coldshot was drafted into giving a class so I will need to pull others into the family room. As much as I want to I can't even tell you why this is all necessary to be doable.

How is that for an Ohio cornfused type of answer? Does any of this answer your question without saying a thing?

On my list, Friday some rain. Saturday looks clear. However I got you covered. One poncho door prize for Neil.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:28 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Should I bring a carbon fiber guitar?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sure!!! Bring it.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 06-21-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Neilmyster,my brother, I ain't telling details because I am not sure what my details entail.

Ya gotta be here to know how the weekend will turn out. I got an e-mail this morning to learn we are still working out details because our skype is in the middle of making changes. I have to make my schedule and door prizes fit Coldshots. Poor ole Coldshot was drafted into giving a class so I will need to pull others into the family room. As much as I want to I can't even tell you why this is all necessary to be doable.

How is that for an Ohio cornfused type of answer? Does any of this answer your question without saying a thing?

On my list, Friday some rain. Saturday looks clear. However I got you covered. One poncho door prize for Neil.
That's it, Mary. I'm double checking your directions because I feel like I went around in a circle without getting anywhere! ;-)

It's looking like I probably won't be there until 3 because of family commitments - but I'll be there. I'll try not to overpack.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Default McJam - 10th anniversary

Quote:
That's it, Mary. I'm double checking your directions because I feel like I went around in a circle without getting anywhere! ;-)

It's looking like I probably won't be there until 3 because of family commitments - but I'll be there. I'll try not to overpack.

With luck , the advance guard will squeeze all the rain out of the cloud cover before you arrive. At the moment (10.56am) it is a pouring sea of rain and driving is lousy. I am killing some time in a rest stop

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE

Last edited by amyFB; 06-23-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:23 PM
AGF Sponsor

This was the most perfect rainy day I have seen in like ... forever.

Tomorrow will have better weather.

[email protected]
Old 06-26-2017, 04:43 AM
Music soothes the soul!

A rainy Friday followed by a glorious sunny Saturday! What a wonderful gathering. If you haven't been, take it from a noob ... you shouldn't miss it if you have the chance. A fun time was had by all. Great people! Great music!

Old 06-26-2017, 05:28 AM

It was great having you there Dennis! I nominated you for McJam "Rookie of the Year." Great pic of you and Steve.

Thank you so much for gifting your Charmed Life pick to my wife! Kathy is overwhelmed by your generosity!!! She got out her practice book and guitar as soon as we got home yesterday to try it out. She is committed to playing at Open Mic next year.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

After we met Dennis/Cigarfan in Harrisburg at the Artisan show I told him he looks, sounds and has the same mannerisms as one of our local McJammers. I think they are as precious as Papa Smurf. It is so cool to have the two of you together. Your voices blended so wonderfully at open mic.

[email protected]
Old 06-26-2017, 07:51 AM

LOL. No comment, Mary. All I will say is that the McJam helps me deal with the blues.

BTW, it's impossible to play the blues on a ukulele. It's just sounds silly - which is actually quite therapeutic.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
LOL. No comment, Mary. All I will say is that the McJam helps me deal with the blues.

BTW, it's impossible to play the blues on a ukulele. It's just sounds silly - which is actually quite therapeutic.

Hey Neil ! Sorry I didn't personally bid you adieu and safe travels before I hit the rod Saturday night. Enjoyed hanging with you and the rest of the McJammers.

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases