The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Default PHOTOBUCKET - becomes useless - what else?

I've tried to view afew pics that folks ave loaded here via Photobuucket and been refused unless I disable my adsblocker.

I just checked my own library and got the same restriction.

No way I'm disabling my ads blocker - so where is there another similar photo library that we can use?
Old 06-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

I used Photobucket and switched to IMGUR and like it much better. It's faster and far less prone to having "issues" and it's free.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Guest 1928

I have too much stored on Photobucket to abandon it without a lot of extra effort on my part. About two years ago I signed up for the minimum ad-free service, which is $10/year. It's worked very smoothly for me ever since. Well worth it in my case. Might not be the best choice for everyone.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:54 PM

I don't sweat the online file storage sites. If they start becoming problematic I delete them. I just deleted all the files I put on Box because of that and then closed the account. I used it to upload mp3s and pics. No big deal.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
I used Photobucket and switched to IMGUR and like it much better. It's faster and far less prone to having "issues" and it's free.
+1 for imgur.com - Very user friendly, and creates the .jpg extension for photo links that allows for embedding a photo in a forum post here.

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 06-25-2017, 04:45 AM
Charter Member

Ok folks, thanks - I've just registered with Imgur. It's gonna take some time replacing the files I have on P-box but I guess it's a good time to audit what I need there.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:14 PM

A lot of sites don't want you to run ad blocker , you don't have to uninstall it,

just toggle it to off (top right toolbar) for that site and then switch it on again when you're done.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Charter Member

The photobucket phone app works fine though. Its just the PC version that stinks. I forgot that I had started an imgur account. Thanks for the reminder....

Youtube!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 06-25-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
+1

Related info: http://theunofficialmartinguitarforu...#reply-1987282
Old 06-26-2017, 08:11 AM

Photobucket has been doubly quirky for some time. Multiple pop-ups, the sign-in screen won't work at times from Firefox (or IE). Time to give Imgur a shot.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 06-28-2017, 07:51 AM

UPDATE from last night!
Photobucket - double sucky. Could not log in from Firefox at all - the log-in box would appear if I hovered in the right spot, and I could enter the info, but it never would log in. Tried it with MS Edge, logged in., but pop-ups all over the place, one of them (pay for 'no ads') would nto disappear form on top of everything. Reloaded the page, finally got to the point where I could upload photos, left it to upload when I went to bed, this morning, fnd it had an error, only uploaded about 20 (of almost 400) pictures.

Tried IMGUR yesterday - only to find that it uploads and places the picture sin random order, no way to sort them by file name! (WTF is that?) So have to manually move each one to the correct spot. No big deal if you are just using it to host pictures, but a major PITA for creating a travelogue where the photos need to be in order.

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 06-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
UPDATE from last night!
Photobucket - double sucky. Could not log in from Firefox at all - the log-in box would appear if I hovered in the right spot, and I could enter the info, but it never would log in. Tried it with MS Edge, logged in., but pop-ups all over the place, one of them (pay for 'no ads') would nto disappear form on top of everything. Reloaded the page, finally got to the point where I could upload photos, left it to upload when I went to bed, this morning, fnd it had an error, only uploaded about 20 (of almost 400) pictures.

Tried IMGUR yesterday - only to find that it uploads and places the picture sin random order, no way to sort them by file name! (WTF is that?) So have to manually move each one to the correct spot. No big deal if you are just using it to host pictures, but a major PITA for creating a travelogue where the photos need to be in order.
You could uld be right. I have only used the edit mode to resize pictures. But I have noticed there are very few edit functions on the App version (my pet peeve) and more on the web/desktop version. The web/desktop version shows you have control in arranging them in ascending or descending order, which suggests that they can be numbered. They do seem to arrange them in the order posted. There also is a pretty good "community" help section where many questions like this are posted and answered.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:35 AM

The free version of Photobucket is essentially unusable. I believe this is entirely intentional in an effort to force people to pay for it. Between that and the daily unwanted emails, I just canceled my Photobucket account. There is literally no reason to put up with Photobucket.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
The web/desktop version shows you have control in arranging them in ascending or descending order, which suggests that they can be numbered. They do seem to arrange them in the order posted. There also is a pretty good "community" help section where many questions like this are posted and answered.

I couldn't find anything that allowed it. I saw the ascending/descending, but it didn't seem to do anything, but it could be because its really slow acting.
Anyway out of the 300 or so pictures I uploaded this morning, there were probably only 30 or 40 out of order. Still some annoying traits - like if you type in a caption, and don't click out to somewhere else, it won't get saved.
I noticed the editing features are very slim, but I do all that ahead of time - cropping, resizing, enhancing.

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele