The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-20-2017, 06:45 PM

Default new thoughts Classical Guitar Magazine...

I haven't been here in a while...apparently no body else has either...

I just had a birfday...(Many)...My beautiful bride of 36 years got me a couple of magazines (and some other stuff). These were:

Guitar Aficionado (which I CERTAINLY did not need, but did enjoy) and

Classical Guitar (which was nice, but I am going to need to upgrade some wardrobe, no doubt).

Both were a wonderful thought. The Classical Guitar magazine (Summer 2017) was all about "composition for guitar". How kewl is that?

Yes, we are not alone! Grab that guitar and write!

Just below is the "inspiration" I am writing on now. It is what I "thought" I was going to write when something else came out. It is going, well, but not. I am stuck....If anyone is interested, I will post a "sketch" for input. I have tried to get input before, but it seems we guitarist are not input-eristic.

I wrote this poem in 2002:

John 2

Like a servant, fill the jars
With water to the brim.
At just the right time,
Water turns to wine.
Nothing for me,
All glory goes to Him.

As all of my songs, what I write is purely instrumental...

Be well, the alternative sucketh mightily
D
Old 06-23-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rock View Post
...This one Nomad Song, happened rather quickly but started poorly which was the beginning of this thread. How do I get my own self out of the way and let it materialize? Now there's a good question!

From my own personal experience, one should not let external influences get in the way of one's inner emotions. I know, it's easier said then done, but one should be aware of it once the composition takes a direction away from one's own intial inspiration.
Always look at your own composition to represent exactly or close to what you you feel. Remember, a composition is a personal musical statement representing you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical