The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-18-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architype View Post
It seems pretty simple. You are in their store, the guitars are their property, you follow their rules. don't assume you have free run of the merchandise. Just like your Mama should have taught you, ask before you start handling someone else's stuff.
Yep. Even the stores that will let you grab whatever you want off the wall are going to appreciate you asking if they want to give you the guitars, or whether you should get them yourself. If you show that kind of sensitivity to their needs, it will relax them, regardless of their actual policy. Giving someone a reason to relax is a fine gift....
Old 01-18-2017, 07:20 PM

I will only say the first time I entered Gruhn or Carter's, I asked if I could before assuming I could. This property is not mine but the retailer's. That is until I buy something. Retailers can usually tell by the way one grabs a guitar or any gear off the rack, how they're going to treat it.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
To me the lady sounded tough. He already stated interest in a bass and amp and she has the nerve to say.....we don't like people playing things if they are not going to buy them? Ok lady, how would I know if I wanted it unless I tried it?

I would have made a few comments to her, then left.
I thought this same thing. The last guitar I bought I had no intention on buying until I played it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic