The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-05-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi-Tar Man View Post
Do you have to pay to post photos?
Certainly not. Not here, and not with a free third party image hosting site.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:05 PM

Cool

Quote:
From the first post in this thread:

In summary, charter members have three ways to post pictures... managing attachments directly from your computer, the AGF/Tapatalk apps or a third-party host like Imgur. If you are a registered user, you have two ways to post pictures... the Tapatalk app or a third-party host
Old 01-05-2024, 09:59 PM

Thank You!
Old 01-06-2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post
Certainly not. Not here, and not with a free third party image hosting site.
I neglected to mention that Charter Members must pay dues for the privilege of uploading images directly from the computer--but, that's a wholly voluntary method, obviously.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:48 PM
AGF Sponsor

A few months ago there was a thread I wanted to post pictures to. I eventually gave up. but then my daughter, who had never been on this site before, did it in a few clicks.
Softride Rocket
Trek Y-Foil
Old 03-24-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFL Steve View Post
A few months ago there was a thread I wanted to post pictures to. I eventually gave up. but then my daughter, who had never been on this site before, did it in a few clicks.
It's simple to do, really it is. Just upload a pic to a free image hosting service, then copy and paste the url that ends in jpg between the AGF image tags (click on the yellow and black square icon at top, sixth from the right, to access the image tags).

Or, alternately, just hotlink an image: Copy an image url directly from a web page and then paste it between the AGF image tags.

Of course, Charter Members can upload images directly from their computers.

Last edited by Lkristians; 03-26-2024 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Deleted insulting quote
Old 03-25-2024, 02:23 PM

I'm still confused about what's so difficult about posting pictures on AGF? I'm not even a Charter Member and I have no difficulty doing it.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpuhan View Post
I'm not even a Charter Member and I have no difficulty doing it.
Ditto. The only thing I always have to decide is where to host a picture that I haven't already posted on another forum, and that's only because the main place where I do post pictures from time to time (FB) doesn't make it easy to link to just the image from elsewhere.

If we got a free card to request forum software changes I'd rather suggest to get an option to have it make place in your inbox like on just about every other forum so you don't have to react to an email alert to go make space and then notify whomever got his/her message bounced that they can try again...

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion