The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Red face Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (Cover by Rainbow)

Aloha friends,
I got new music for you! Enjoy my version of Jeff Buckleys Hallelujah, an old time favourite of mine which I recorded a few days ago:

As always, like share and subscribe and tell me what you think.
I wish you all a very good week, life is awesome!

Love and sunshine,
Rainbow
Old 05-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Hey that's pretty cool. Although it was actually Leonard Cohen that wrote it. Buckley's cover of it was just the first successful version in the US

If you want to here another cool version with heavy focus on multi vocals check out the version by Pentatonix

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 05-02-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Guest 33123

Very nice Rainbow!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Hey that's pretty cool. Although it was actually Leonard Cohen that wrote it. Buckley's cover of it was just the first successful version in the US

If you want to here another cool version with heavy focus on multi vocals check out the version by Pentatonix
Thanks KevWind, and yes, I know Leonard Cohen wrote the song I just took Jeff Buckley's version as inspiration or base for my one that's why I referred to him instead.
I have seen the Pentatonix version as well, absolutely incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Very nice Rainbow!
Thanks Doug!
Old 05-03-2017, 01:10 AM

Hello! I think it's very interesting "technically" with all these differents voices, but I don't like the result. It doesn't sound nice to me x) It's just my opinion. Have fun whatever
Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 AM

The idea is really cool, but I like your other vids better when it's just one voice :P

I will upload videos on a regular basis; enjoy
Old 05-03-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulienC View Post
Hello! I think it's very interesting "technically" with all these differents voices, but I don't like the result. It doesn't sound nice to me x) It's just my opinion. Have fun whatever
That's all good mate I was trying something new-ish and I appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickb View Post
The idea is really cool, but I like your other vids better when it's just one voice :P
Thank you! I was trying to go for more of a choir sound with this one because I think it fits the theme better. The next one will be single voice again as it is one of my originals so stay tuned for that one

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell