The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-29-2017, 07:31 AM

I got the industrial strength Velcro from Sweetwater, they sell it by the roll about 7 foot long. It cost about $20 a roll but it's really good quality stuff. I'm glad I bought it.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 04-29-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
2" wide industrial strength velcro is what used also, Except for some reason I thought I would only actually want 4 Pedals 2 FX , a Looper and Tuner which so far is working for me so I got the 2" by 4" individual velcro strips.
But I see that doing the continuous strips that you did you can accommodate changing out the pedals and work for pedals might be of different widths . Which if I get any more pedals I will have to switch to because .... not doubt PAS can be infectious as GAS
Here is my minimalist approach with the velcro hidden directly under the pedals

I'll bet you can get some great sounds out of your pedal board too !!!! You've got all the basics...plus a Supro !!!!
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 12:57 AM

Here's a guy who has a much bigger and more expensive pedalboard than mine....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kpA...ature=youtu.be

Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
I got the industrial strength Velcro from Sweetwater, they sell it by the roll about 7 foot long. It cost about $20 a roll but it's really good quality stuff. I'm glad I bought it.
I put the industrial strength velco on my pedal board 7 8 years ago or so. Ripped the back off one of my pedals trying to take it off so be careful when doing so. It also ripped the sticker off the back of my TS-9.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:24 AM

There's been a change of plans....I'm going to put all the Marshall pedals together on a separate board for my Supro amp. All the BOSS pedals are going back on the curved board....I'm in the process of re-wiring everything now.

The Marshall pedals will be a great retro addition to the Supro amp. I'll have six Marshall pedals total. I've got 4 now and two on the way, so I'll have a nice set of matching pedals for the Supro.

I bought the new smaller board today at Lowe's and stained it already....

The Supro is coming today. So I'm excited.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Here's a guy who has a much bigger and more expensive pedalboard than mine....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kpA...ature=youtu.be

That's is a pretty interesting video, and he does an excellent job of reviewing..... I can see that pedals is a whole nother additional world . I like that he uses both subtle (as in his compression) and some striking FX as well .
Now I tend to agree with Mr. DeRosa in part and (for me at least, just getting back into electric ) learning how just my hands and playing style can play into tone shaping and variation , and also what is available from my Supro sans FX, first. For me and to my way of thinking is paramount to really understanding tone, then as can often be the case, once the basics are learned and at some level of skill, then one has all the better foundation with which to explore this amazing world of FX

Which is why for example I decided to organize my practice regime to consist of the first 15 -20 minutes, of just straight into the amp no FX. Then exploring bringing in FX one at a time and then in multiples .

Looking forward to some pictures of new Supro/Marshall board when ya get er done

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 05-02-2017, 07:09 AM

The reason for the change of plans is from what I'm reading about the Supro, to get a nice crunchy distorted sound, it must be cranked up loud. The only alternative is to add distortion pedals in the chain to be able to get distortion at low volume levels. This is important to me because I don't want to disturb my neighbors with loud levels all day long...the dual tone doesn't have a reverb, so the Marshall reverb should fill that need. Other Marshall pedals I will be using include a delay, a compressor, the Vibratone, and two distortion pedals. This will give me a wide range of options to work with on the Supro.

Finding the deal on the Supro changed all my plans. I really wasn't planning on buying another amp, but this deal made sense to me, and will work out perfectly for me.

The other rig will still work great for stereo recordings.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 07:20 AM

As you can see, I have the board set up on an end table which is waiting for the amp, and the two other pedals, the delay and compressor, should both be here in the next few days....It's a much simpler setup and should sound great. I already bought the Velcro for it, but am waiting to install it when the other two pedals get here.

Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 07:32 AM

Welcome to the Pedal Breeders' Club. I see yours have been busy!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 AM

yep they have !!! They multiply like rabbits.

I'm thinking I need a pre-amp also to go along with the Marshall pedals, either the Echoplex pre amp or the Timmy would work well. Maybe the Timmy would be better because it has tone controls on it.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Here is a video from that same guy about a slick switching unit ya might want to put on your wish list..

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 05-02-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 AM

Ya Pete's pretty incredible on his rigs. My problem is that I'm limited to my budget and can only afford so much. He's got all high buck effects and lots of them. My pedal board is much more modest and simple in comparison.

I suppose it's a hobby or an obsession I don't know. I've seen synth guys do the same and have walls and walls of synths all laid out and operational....some recording studio owners are also into high buck gear...2-4 million for a studio is not unheard of.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

I'm loving this little board I put together to handle both my acoustic & electric rigs. I can go to an amplifier for my electric, or direct to the board for either my acoustic or electric signal. Loving it!

Old 05-02-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
As you can see, I have the board set up on an end table which is waiting for the amp, and the two other pedals, the delay and compressor, should both be here in the next few days....It's a much simpler setup and should sound great. I already bought the Velcro for it, but am waiting to install it when the other two pedals get here.

MM, you're probably OK with all Marshall pedals, as they seem to have the jacks in the same spots on each pedal, but those stiff connectors you're using have a history of causing problems, as most pedals don't line up perfectly and each time you stomp one you're stressing one or more connections. So you might not want to to use them on other boards. Just a heads-up.

Have fun.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Cocobologist

Just did a major update on my pedalboard as well -- I took every one of my pedals (except tuner and volume pedal) to GC and traded them in on a Line 6 Helix! What an incredible piece of equipment!

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars