The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-23-2016, 10:44 AM

Default Logic 9/X Beat Detection. Align source material to project tempo.

Why is it so awful? What am I doing wrong?

Back when I was using Ableton Live I could just drag a file into the project window and it would automatically align it to the tempo grid.

I can't for the life of me get flex time, tempo beat mapping, beat detection or whatever other options it's called. There's a million and they just changed it in X.

I went and looked for tutorials online all labeled "easy way to find your songs BPM" and it involves cutting and slicing audio, selecting a number of bars from and manually lining up.

I'm losing my mind over this.

Martin 000-15SM
Martin OM28V
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Eastman T386
1890's C. Bruno & Sons Parlor
Old 04-24-2016, 07:29 AM

I can't answer your question but a search on Youtube might result in something useful. There are a lot of Logic related tutorials out there.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 04-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verstft View Post
Why is it so awful? What am I doing wrong?

Back when I was using Ableton Live I could just drag a file into the project window and it would automatically align it to the tempo grid.

I can't for the life of me get flex time, tempo beat mapping, beat detection or whatever other options it's called. There's a million and they just changed it in X.

I went and looked for tutorials online all labeled "easy way to find your songs BPM" and it involves cutting and slicing audio, selecting a number of bars from and manually lining up.

I'm losing my mind over this.
I don't use Logic But I can say your post is a bit vague. To clarify you are talking audio and not midi correct ? And more specific detail about exactly what you are trying to do will help
And are you talking about finding the BPM of a piece of audio, or are you talking about trying to set or change the piece of audio to the session BPM ?

More detail might help any Logic members give you some targeted suggestions

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD