The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-08-2008, 08:20 AM

Default Composite Acoustics Xi - Lowering Saddle

The fine folks at CA sent me a few saddles, as I was interested in lowering the action... I attempted the project yesterday, and the results are amazing !... I lowered the action approx. 1/16th at both the low and high E strings... instead of traditional sandpaper to file the saddle, I used a pre-cut drywall sanding pad, and taped it down to my workbench... it's a piece about 10" long, and made sanding a breeze !... from the stock saddles CA provided, I only had to remove a fraction of the width thickness, but had to remove about 1/4" on the height...

My CA sings now !... the action is extremely low and I still have zero fret buzz !... I strung it up with Light-Medium Elixir Nano's (12-56) and highly recommend the gage for anyone wanting to keep their low end, with the ability to still play lead/picking on the higher strings...

Still love these CA's... so does the environment, as they keep trees planted !

Kev.
1997 Takamine EF341C
1984 Larrivee RS4 solid body Electric
1935 Harmony Archtop
Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM

Was wondering your or anyones amped set up with the 5i, 7i, GXi and new Xi? Thanks.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber