The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 AM

This is a really nice one. Teles always been my favourite electrics. And i am falling in love with G&Ls more and more (i have a Tribute SB-2 bass).
Great company + the classic electric => you will be very happy!

Katie & Lumberjack on facebook: www.facebook.com/katielumberjack/
Old 05-16-2017, 05:16 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I was just playing my S-500 and thinking about what a solid guitar it is. Here it is in the background on red guitar day at the studio in 2010:

It's just a really dependable, pretty sounding guitar and I've used it for a lot of sessions.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:21 AM

A nice pair, there!
Old 05-16-2017, 12:34 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Thank you sir. My wife commissioned it for me in 1999. It has a swamp ash body with transparent red finish, light birdseye maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, white pearloid pickguard, S-500 electronics (MFD pickups, passive bass and treble controls, treble bleed cap, and expander switch), and that ultra-smooth dual fulcrum trem that is very much like a Wilkinson. My sons paid to get it set up by my luthier and it just plays like a dream.

On one client's album I did the parts for a particular song on this guitar and the executive producer like them so much he moved it up to the album opener.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:46 PM

That guitar is a beauty, hope you love it.
I got my 1st G&L back in 1993, a classic, telecaster style. It has my favorite neck. I must be a contrarian, cause I love G & L's and Breedloves!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

That's a nice one. Owned a G&L a while back that was a real sweet sounding guitar. Unfortunately, i had to sell it when I moved. I miss it.

Last edited by Teletex82; 05-19-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:58 PM

Arrived today.

So much guitar for such a reasonable price in a US made instrument.

Superb fit and finish.

My crummy chair pic.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbuster View Post
Arrived today.

So much guitar for such a reasonable price in a US made instrument.

Superb fit and finish.

My crummy chair pic.

G&L is definitely bang for the buck. People will go back and forth for ever over the old G&L USA = Fender Custom Shop Quality question. My personal feelings on that are that things like the quality of the rosewood, and inconsistency in neck size are the things that make that not true.

But, I fully believe that USA G&L is not just superior, but substantially so compared to a standard factory Fender USA product. And will cost you less to boot.

I love my Bluesboy. And my Franken-ASAT Classic (2001 neck, 2010 body) is possibly the guitar I would grab if my house were on fire, and the decision had to be made on best sounding/Playing guitar.

Congrats. The wood on that thing is stunning.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Thank you sir. My wife commissioned it for me in 1999. It has a swamp ash body with transparent red finish, light birdseye maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, white pearloid pickguard, S-500 electronics (MFD pickups, passive bass and treble controls, treble bleed cap, and expander switch), and that ultra-smooth dual fulcrum trem that is very much like a Wilkinson. My sons paid to get it set up by my luthier and it just plays like a dream.

On one client's album I did the parts for a particular song on this guitar and the executive producer like them so much he moved it up to the album opener.

Bob
The clear red on swamp ash is a gorgeous finish - my ASAT has the same, with natural wood binding.
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars