The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-18-2017, 09:48 PM

Excellent playing. You moved me.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGoldsmack View Post
Excellent playing. You moved me.
Thanks for listening, Doc.

I have another one in the works. If only I could get off work for the weekend... Sigh...
Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 PM

love your recordings! you always capture the tone so well!
Old 04-24-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessupe View Post
love your recordings! you always capture the tone so well!
Thanks so much, Jessupe. Most of times I play very softly and boost the mics as much as I reasonably can. Not sure whether that's the right thing to do but that's how I can capture the tone that I'm after.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 PM

Very well done as usual, I was pretty sure Marty Friedman was part of your influences!
Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 04-24-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
Very well done as usual, I was pretty sure Marty Friedman was part of your influences!
Merci Johan.

I wish Marty Friedman was an actual influence on my playing.

I love Marty's playing but calling him an influence would be an insult to his skills... lol

While "Rust in Peace" is one of my favourite albums of all time, I can't play one single solo properly, even with tablature...
Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 AM

Once again, sublime playing and use of this lovely instrument for expression and depth. I love your phrasing and control of volume to create a lyrical atmosphere within the piece.
A real moving pleasure to hear you play. Thank you.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:27 AM

Hi Mau, I know I'm late but I'm just seeing/hearing this now. Another great piece to display your great talents! That Martin has such a deep, full voice.

Looks like you're only a 1km from the Bell Center? Ever take in any shows or sports?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
Once again, sublime playing and use of this lovely instrument for expression and depth. I love your phrasing and control of volume to create a lyrical atmosphere within the piece.
A real moving pleasure to hear you play. Thank you.
Thanks so much for listening, Chris.

There are some types of music that are best played with a very even attack and phrasing (e.g. Glenn Gould performing Bach, absolutely stunning) but most of the music that I hear in my head tends to be lyrical/romantic.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hi Mau, I know I'm late but I'm just seeing/hearing this now. Another great piece to display your great talents! That Martin has such a deep, full voice.

Looks like you're only a 1km from the Bell Center? Ever take in any shows or sports?
Hi Drew,

It never occurred to me that I could find such a lovely Brazilian D-28 in Canada. I couldn't be happier with my latest guitar.

I live downtown so I can walk to the Bell Centre, Chinatown, Eaton Centre, the bus station, the train station, etc. It's a very convenient location but the neighbourhood is fairly noisy, especially in the summer. I'm dreaming of moving away from the city. Hopefully I can find a new home by next winter.

I'm not that much of a serious concert goer -- but I've seen (among others) Paul McCartney, Carlos Santana, Adele and most recently John Mayer at the Bell Centre. Santana was so so -- but the other three were really good shows.

Thank you for listening to my music -- it is much appreciated as always.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:00 AM

Fantastic playing as ever, new guitar sounds great (suspect it would have to be a pretty dodgy guitar to not sound good in your hands) and really like the tune! A real anxiety antidote.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Hi Drew,

It never occurred to me that I could find such a lovely Brazilian D-28 in Canada. I couldn't be happier with my latest guitar.

I live downtown so I can walk to the Bell Centre, Chinatown, Eaton Centre, the bus station, the train station, etc. It's a very convenient location but the neighbourhood is fairly noisy, especially in the summer. I'm dreaming of moving away from the city. Hopefully I can find a new home by next winter.

I'm not that much of a serious concert goer -- but I've seen (among others) Paul McCartney, Carlos Santana, Adele and most recently John Mayer at the Bell Centre. Santana was so so -- but the other three were really good shows.

Thank you for listening to my music -- it is much appreciated as always.
Hey Mau, one of these days (or months/years) I'll make it back to Montreal and we'll have a get together. OT: Are you planning on moving outside the city and remain in Quebec or elsewhere?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hutton View Post
Fantastic playing as ever, new guitar sounds great (suspect it would have to be a pretty dodgy guitar to not sound good in your hands) and really like the tune! A real anxiety antidote.
Thank you, David.

I wish I had the repertoire to make an archtop sound good -- but you're right that I could get along with most flattop guitars. I like all kinds of different tones and I'm also not particularly picky with scale length, neck profile, etc.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Mau, one of these days (or months/years) I'll make it back to Montreal and we'll have a get together. OT: Are you planning on moving outside the city and remain in Quebec or elsewhere?
That would great, Dru. Anytime.

I mostly work in Ontario but unless something special happens I doubt I would ever leave Quebec. While I'm not exactly a separatist (all the contrary), I still enjoy going to the corner store and being able to speak French. Housing is also a lot cheaper in Montreal than it is in Toronto.

Drop me a line whenever you plan to head out west...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell