The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-30-2018, 04:58 PM

Default 00-17 Authentic 1931 - my take

This Winter NAMM I am going to do all the videos as soon as I can, and write the reviews for onemanz.com as time allows.

This one is wonderfully light in the hand, just the old timers. And the neck is a very good reproduction of a typical Martin neck from early in 1931, starts off lower in profile than one might expect, and has no V in the first potion. By the third fret area it is noticeable. But even up in the highest frets it isn't pointy and it is never as thick as the necks from the mid-1930s. It never really felt like a 1-7/8" neck until way up the fretboard.

Next Up: D-45 John Mayer
Old 01-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for that. I have one on order. I was wondering , now that they have cooked a mahogany top, do you think we’ll see them cooking the back and sides at some point as well?
Old 01-30-2018, 06:29 PM

Sounds way better than it did in the first vid of this guitar posted on the UMGF.
Full, deep with plenty o' crispness in the trebles.
Thanks, TSP.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
00-17, authentic, martin