The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 AM

Wink Great guy, great guitar

I received this guitar yesterday...

She has amazing punch and fundamental tone. Most of my guitars are warmer in tone, which makes this one a good compliment. I hate to think I'm stuck with another keeper (ha-ha). How can I make my guitar cabinet wider to hold four across?

Of course, this sweet Martin doesn’t look anything at all like a vintage Martin D-18, but it can play like that plus much more. You can flat-pick this guitar and play fast bluegrass rhythm if you like. Bang any first position chord hard and it takes it well! The extremely wide-grained Carpathian Spruce top is likely the reason for this, yet it also sounds sweet when played more softly with fingers and I can't grow nails anymore, so that means with callouses only on both hands.

The rosette is nicely understated; it has some bling, yet quite narrow in size. Even though Paul always take good pics (I always love the full view angled down his couch) this guitar looks even better in person.

The setup is very nice (his Taylor guy Tim) and it still has the “new-car” smell! The burgundy case interior compliments the pretty guitar woods on this guitar. I've only played her one night and I really like that this one so refreshingly different. Thank you Paul!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars