The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Charter Member

Here’s the scoop: the lady who takes care of the activities in the RV resort we are in listened to my proposal, and then asked, “Do you want to entertain the park?”

“No, this would be more like some folks doing ‘Show and Tell’ rather than us playing for your crowd, but if you have folks who might be interested in seeing some very nice, unique guitars, I’m sure they’d be welcome.” I offered to do a show for them for free at another time... but I didn’t bring my PA. Another time... just trying to be Mr. Friendly.

So, I need to give her more details, like an exact date and time, and how many people.

That said, how many people would be interested... keeping in mind that this is the far west side of the Phoenix area (Goodyear). I’m thinking Sunday, Feb 25th, afternoon or evening.

A show of hands, or offers of another venue.

Best wishes,
Jim
Old 02-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Count us two as "in", unless someone else comes forward with an alternative. Sounds like your RV park is still a little iffy. I left a message inquiring about a room for the activity director at MIL's senior complex yesterday, but no response yet. I guess things move slower in retired-ville.

Friday afternoon FEB 23 would be a good alternative date. Thanks for inquiring, Jim.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Count us two as "in", unless someone else comes forward with an alternative. Sounds like your RV park is still a little iffy. I left a message inquiring about a room for the activity director at MIL's senior complex yesterday, but no response yet. I guess things move slower in retired-ville.

Friday afternoon FEB 23 would be a good alternative date. Thanks for inquiring, Jim.
If it is just going to be the 4 of us, we can sit out under the awning of our motorhome and enjoy playing and exchanging, and any ol' time will work.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:17 AM

That works too, if that is what "gels". I was hoping we would get several other Arizona CF'ers involved. There are some guitars that I would like to try, and I have some guitars they would want to try too. We are flexible too, except for Saturday FEB 24 and Sunday morning FEB 25 as we drive back from Tucson.

I sent out PM's to some of those folks yesterday and there is a nibble, depending on date. That is all I can divulge right now.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Guest 928

and don't forget Mr. K.; that's 5. A notice put up at guitar stores might also draw locals.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
and don't forget Mr. K.; that's 5. A notice put up at guitar stores might also draw locals.
Yes, but Kramster has to speak up for himself. Are you committing him to attend without discussing it first?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Guest 928

Yes, he is, after all, my nephew and listens to my every word. He's probably in the next room and will join us soon.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Yes, he is, after all, my nephew and listens to my every word. He's probably in the next room and will join us soon.
Do I know you?
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Guest 928

I don't know. My brother and sister have never mentioned you, but you keep calling me your uncle, so I figure you're family. Love you bro. Now get with it, show some CF love. You can make this carbon fest the best.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:42 PM

Getting back on track, is anyone else planning to participate? Or is it just going to be us and Capt. Jim??
I figured there would be more interest, with several local folks participating in the forum here........
Old 02-07-2018, 04:07 PM

Can’t make it m’self guys, just noticed this on the open mic: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=498998

Of course Danzo’s gonna need a cf guitar so bring spares.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
My current job works a 9/80 scheduled. Odds were 50/50 but I actually should have the 23rd off.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 02-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Charter Member

I won't know for a few more days, we may have company...I'll let everyone know as soon as I know.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

I would need to get something reserved pretty soon, so I am inclined to say it may be best to check into a different venue. If it's in the greater Phoenix area, I'm still in.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 AM

It looks like Friday afternoon FEB 23 works the best, and we may have a host home in Scottsdale. Who's really in?
I plan to send out a group email to those who actually respond, so details like home address and phone numbers are not posted on the open forum.

Jim, I would say forget your RV park since we don't have much group consensus at this time. Alice and I can come visit you and The Blonde during the week and do some jamming, apart from any group gathering. We are staying with MIL at Royal Oaks Senior Center off 99th and Grand Ave in Sun City. There is also a nice public park nearby (Riverside park) but it is kinda close to the freeway, so a bit noisy for careful listening to the subtleties of carbon fiber guitars. It would be fine for social jamming and visitation though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber