The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-10-2017, 07:00 AM

Default D-Tar Acoustic System

Hi!!
I have installed the d-tar system through which I come out with a y cable so that the piezo source and condenser source can be adjusted separately.

All ok if I connect the guitar directly to my Schertler Unico using two channels.

But how can I do with the my acoustic pedalboard where the first pedal is a L.R.Baggs Venue?

Is there anything to put in front so that you can use the Y cable and go mono to the Venue?

Thank you for precious help!!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 AM

You would just use a mono cable I think. Both sources would be sent across the hot wire, no? Or, you can go back and reset the preamp to the mono setting. Honestly, I really liked using that pickup, but I would see no reason to run it in stereo. Especially, if all you're doing is going into an acoustic amp. I would just run it mono.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:44 AM

Being that this is something I only goof around with, I haven't invested into a blender type pedal. Sometimes (not very often though) just for the fun of it I'll add a sound hole pickup to one of my guitars that already has a pickup. I'll add a Para Acoustic DI to my pedal board for use with the sound hole pick up. My main pickup plugs into a Zoom A3. I call both pedals (A3 and PADI) the first pedal in the chain. The second pedal in the chain is a HOF reverb pedal with stereo inputs. The HOF will receive a mono signal from both #1 pedals. The HOF will then send the blended signal to the #3 pedal (looper) as a mono signal. This allows me to EQ both pickups separately and then send the signal through the rest of the pedal board on to the mixer as a mono signal.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Hi!!!
Thanks to all for precious support
Cheers from Italy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification