The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post

PS: Have fun with the banjo. Once you get the right hand motion and patterns figured out, the left hand stuff is actually quite simple. It's the right hand stuff that's the difficult part of the equation.
Couldn't help but notice that that also perfectly describes a banjo player's second favorite activity as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Couldn't help but notice that that also perfectly describes a banjo player's second favorite activity as well.
LOL. This thread has taken a turn for the .... better. All this great advice has me thinking that I'll stick with the guitar and continue dating good looking women.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Ah, c'mon, Dru, get a banjo and start woodshedding on it. Don't let our goofing around chase you off a wonderful musical instrument.

whm
Old 06-14-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Ah, c'mon, Dru, get a banjo and start woodshedding on it. Don't let our goofing around chase you off a wonderful musical instrument.

whm
There's only one in stock at the local Long & McQuade and it has an open back. I need to try a few more. I've also been reading up on mandolins ... but that'll be for another thread.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments