The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizirk View Post
I am not sure where I said YOU said the quote...Dude....

done...
I posted a response yesterday, very respectful btw, informing you that it was not Lenny speaking against, but only Knuckle's own opinion. You chose to breeze past it and continue your rant about Lenny not getting your business if he was such a... etc.. etc.. (I'm paraphrasing you, btw.)

So I am aware that you did not say that I said the quote.

Forums are so hard sometimes to be understood on. Many simply have a chip on their shoulder and read only what they want to read, others totally misread your intentions and become bitter, and sometimes it all works out for the best in spite of everything. Please accept my apology for attempting to correct your confusion on our friend Lenny. You are free to think that he is disrespectful and unprofessional toward his competition, although the rest of us know he never is, and never was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
yeah Neal! Stop beating up on those other resonator makers! As if Lenny isn't mean enough

PS Bizirk I think you're looking for the words "never mind"
Man, I miss her, though the current line-up is pretty good.

And yeah... for 50 bucks? He could call my mom names...
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Man, I miss her
Me too. I just try to think happy thoughts about it. She was brilliant, and at the end she had the support of "Wuv... Twue Wuv" as Peter Cook said in the Princess Bride. As painful as her passing was physically, we should all be so lucky to have someone like Gene there for us...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Ok, jumping in late and hopefully changing the direction of this thread, so, here we go. Hot rod guitars, I want opinions, and from what I have found on line seem like top notch resonators for those that cant afford a national. My beef, I have emailled Lenny twice with no response, I am ready to pull the trigger on a Hot Rod Spitton, but would like to actually interact with some one before i jump. Anyone bought from lenny recently? Anyone own one?
Squier Telecaster 2010
Taylor GS Mini 2011
Hot Rod Old School Resonator 2012
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riperoo View Post
Ok, jumping in late and hopefully changing the direction of this thread, so, here we go. Hot rod guitars, I want opinions, and from what I have found on line seem like top notch resonators for those that cant afford a national. My beef, I have emailled Lenny twice with no response, I am ready to pull the trigger on a Hot Rod Spitton, but would like to actually interact with some one before i jump. Anyone bought from lenny recently? Anyone own one?
Call? He's very active on Ebay and such, and is possibly one of the most important National Dealers. He ain't going nowhere. But I don't mean to dismiss your concern. I wouldn't be happy if someone was making it difficult to give them $800 either

maybe try emailing him through Ebay?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Call? He's very active on Ebay and such, and is possibly one of the most important National Dealers. He ain't going nowhere. But I don't mean to dismiss your concern. I wouldn't be happy if someone was making it difficult to give them $800 either

maybe try emailing him through Ebay?
Just got a call personally from Lenny, will be ordering from him soon. He said he is swamped, a good thing, and was a few days behind on checking emails, looking forward to dealing with him.
Squier Telecaster 2010
Taylor GS Mini 2011
Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 AM

I love a happy ending.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Done, placed my order with Lenny today, now I get to wait.....ordered a Hot rod Spitton, copper plated steel single cone.
Squier Telecaster 2010
Taylor GS Mini 2011
Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Cool, I've seen that one on his website - Love the look of it. Pics and report on arrival, please!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
How does Gibson's Dobro brand rate?

What's the difference between single- and tri-cones?
I tried a Gibson Dobro Hound Dog Deluxe at Guitar Center yesterday. I found the neck was too thin. I had a hard time with string buzzing against my fingers when playing chords. Kind of a bummer as I am also looking for a sub 500$ round neck.

Living in Boston area there aren't many places that sell dobro so I can't try 1st and I have to rely on luck using mail order.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Anybody have thoughts on this res for a mid to low priced res?
http://www.nationalguitar.com/republ...1e-wood-spider
Old 03-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass12 View Post
Anybody have thoughts on this res for a mid to low priced res?
http://www.nationalguitar.com/republ...1e-wood-spider
IF I were going budget on a new spider bridge, it would be Beard.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckle View Post
First off, stay away from Gold Tone and the rest of the imports. They are not good. The only import I would consider is Hot Rod guitars.

From Lenny @ nationalguitar.com

not www.nationalguitars.com but
www.nationalguitar.com

imports, professionally setup by one of the best guys in the industry, no lie.

Talk to Lenny. For $700 you can have an awesome resonator and also trade in at full price towards a National Resonator should you come across some extra cash in the future. Do not buy a Republic either. Absolute rubbish.

PM me if you need more info. I've been playing resonators for quite a while.
Your right about the Hot Rods, but the trade-in period is one (1) year from date of purchase. Nice guitars though.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riperoo View Post
Done, placed my order with Lenny today, now I get to wait.....ordered a Hot rod Spitton, copper plated steel single cone.
Have you received your Hot Rod it yet? If so, what do you think? I really want a resonator guitar - I would REALLY like a National ResoRocket, but, alas, it is a bit expensive for my current budget - and Lenny's Hot Rod Steels are in my affordable range right now. I've emailed him and had very quick response and actually plan to visit his shop in the next couple of weeks - it's less than a two hour drive and my wife's sister lives in Santa Barbara so we both get something out of the trip. But I'd love to hear from a new actual owner of one. I'm thinking the "Classic Deluxe" 14-fretter, but I am open to influence. . .

As a side note - I have never met Lenny but I have to give him credit for quick responses, good answers to questions, the videos and demos on his web-site - www.nationalguitar.com, don't add an "S" after guitar or you're going to National's website - and all the videos he's posted on YouTube. He is really trying, and succeeding, at getting out the good word on resonator guitars.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." -- ANONYMOUS
Old 03-21-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanup View Post
Have you received your Hot Rod it yet? If so, what do you think? I really want a resonator guitar - I would REALLY like a National ResoRocket, but, alas, it is a bit expensive for my current budget - and Lenny's Hot Rod Steels are in my affordable range right now. I've emailed him and had very quick response and actually plan to visit his shop in the next couple of weeks - it's less than a two hour drive and my wife's sister lives in Santa Barbara so we both get something out of the trip. But I'd love to hear from a new actual owner of one. I'm thinking the "Classic Deluxe" 14-fretter, but I am open to influence. . .

As a side note - I have never met Lenny but I have to give him credit for quick responses, good answers to questions, the videos and demos on his web-site - www.nationalguitar.com, don't add an "S" after guitar or you're going to National's website - and all the videos he's posted on YouTube. He is really trying, and succeeding, at getting out the good word on resonator guitars.
Just recieved the notification that it shipped and is scheduled to deliver on Saturday, unfortunately I am not around this weekend, so I had to get it held at a FEDEX location, little bummed I have to wait till monday, but it is what it is. I am chomping at the bit. Can't wait to get this baby!!! And agreed, Lenny has been awesome, great communication and he really gets it. Pleasure doing buisness with him. I called him one day to check on progress and he was actually in the process of working on MY guitar, that was pretty cool, the guy is definitely hands on and it is like dealing with a corner mom and pop store. So refreshing after dealing with the Guitar centers of the world. I appreciate that he takes the pride in doing it right and not just rushing something out the door to get it in your hands.

Keep an eye out next week, I will post up picks and my first impressions.
Squier Telecaster 2010
Taylor GS Mini 2011
Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 PM

This is slightly off topic, but I am thinking of getting a starter resonator. What I was wondering is how loud are they? It seems like they are significantly louder than the majority of acoustic guitars from the youtube clips I have heard. This might just be the recordings, I'm not too sure.

This probably defeats the purpose a bit,but can you play them quietly? I ask because I live in a condo and I like to dig in a bit but it might not be a great idea if it is incredibly loud and waking up the neighbors

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments