The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 03-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Default Bruce Weber is back!

Bruce is probably known to many here as a mandolin maker, for Flatiron, then Gibson, then his own Sound To Earth brand. He ended up selling STE to get some time away from the running-a-business side of things. That sale included a no-compete clause, which expired just this week, and Bruce is back at the luthier's bench, concentrating on custom mandolin family instruments.

https://www.montanalutherie.com/weber-family/
Old 03-02-2018, 02:37 PM

Glad to hear that. Hope he expands beyond just custom work to small production. My Flatiron A5 Artist is from his tenure and I also owned a very early Weber Aspen. Be nice if he could get the Flatiron name back from Gibson.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

Looks like he'll be making archtop guitars along with the mando's (like before). Any Weber guitar owners around here? I have a Renegade resonator and a Bitterroot archtop that I just bought but it's out in Montana for a reset. Looking forward to getting it back. It will be interesting to see what all Bruce has up his sleeve.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:12 PM

Here's my only current Weber signed instrument.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Sweet. I've got a plain jane Gallatin F. It's post Montana but it does have Bruce's signature on the label. Not sure but I think he was carving the tops & sending them to Bend at that time. Anyway, they're some fine sounding & playing instruments. The guitars are a pleasure to play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments