The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-23-2017, 02:40 PM

Great video and playing! That is a lot of big sound of that small guitar.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:16 PM

Sounds darn good with very nice playing !! I have a couple of your arm thingys ... I better photo them I guess
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Guest 928

Mr. K;

Did you have to break into his house to get his arm thingys? Has he discovered you have them? Won't photos be a dead give-a-way? If the case goes to court I suppose you could plead for probation and excessive compulsion management training. Keep us posted on how all this goes.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Mr. K;

Did you have to break into his house to get his arm thingys? Has he discovered you have them? Won't photos be a dead give-a-way? If the case goes to court I suppose you could plead for probation and excessive compulsion management training. Keep us posted on how all this goes.
Evan, you are assuming that the Kramster did not buy the arm thingys on the open arm thingys market. I don't see Kramster as the breaking and entering kind of guy... and welcome his response with open arms.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Like Rainsong, and Composite Acoustics, Blackbird uses a more traditional building method, whereby the soundboard is a separate piece. This method allows them to voice the tops using braces, and/or double top construction.
While I like the idea of combining the body and neck into a single mold, for better fret access, voicing the soundboard seems to important to abandon in the name of "one piece construction." I really like the Blackbird approach.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

Or maybe Mr K went down to the corner bar and bought the thingys from the trunk of a non descript sedan? He's somehow obtain someone's arm thingys and he's not telling us how.

Tom2;

I also the way CA made the neck part of the whole guitar.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Captain;

Or maybe Mr K went down to the corner bar and bought the thingys from the trunk of a non descript sedan? He's somehow obtain someone's arm thingys and he's not telling us how.

Tom2;

I also the way CA made the neck part of the whole guitar.
Me too. The CA neck...shape, including its mold to the body, nut and saddle width is my favorite of all. It just feels really good. I doubt they could accomplish the flatter D shape and neck/body form like they do if their guitars had truss rods.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Captain;

Or maybe Mr K went down to the corner bar and bought the thingys from the trunk of a non descript sedan? He's somehow obtain someone's arm thingys and he's not telling us how..
Wasn't that particular bar... Flickr is doing some stuff so can't bring photos over...sigh...
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-24-2017, 08:22 PM

Flickr is back up.....

Old 10-25-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2 View Post
While I like the idea of combining the body and neck into a single mold, for better fret access, voicing the soundboard seems to important to abandon in the name of "one piece construction." I really like the Blackbird approach.
I might be misunderstanding your post, but I'm not sure that "one piece construction" gives up anything, regarding voicing the soundboard.

Emerald is able to voice their soundboards, and has done so before, mentioned in previous threads. Nothing at all abandoned, yet the entire guitar is one piece construction.

For example, the nylon string versions of the any Emerald model have significantly differently voiced soundboards, as I recall. It's something that must be possible for any builder, I think.

I think all the CF builders have made changes from time to time with their soundboards in search of even better performance.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber