The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-17-2016, 02:10 PM

Default Amp for Godin

I'm getting a Godin Multiac with a Roland synth. Can I use my electric guitar amp or would it benefit me more to get an acoustic amp?? If I need another amp for acoustic, what would be a good one to get? I want one to be semi small as I have a big electric guitar amp and don't have a lot of room. Thanks so much!!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:14 PM

I have a fishman loudbox mini that I use my Martins on when playing at church, and I have also used my Gibson Les Paul studio on when I feel like playing it.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:24 PM

I have a Yamaha SLG and I plug it into a Peavey ecoustic. I love the sound. It's a heavy enough amp, but small in size if you get the ten inch. I have the old one though and the new ones look slightly larger.

On the Yamaha site they recommend their own THR10. This is specifically designed for portability and small size. I don't think it goes very loud though. Good reviews in,une of this one. Would love to get one if I run into extra cash.

Anyways, just some suggestions.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

I've been gigging a Fishman Loudbox Mini and Fishman SA220 "Fishstick" for years and they have been awesome. Last week I picked-up a new Roland Cube Street EX "Pa Pack" (two Cube EX' in a padded case on wheels) and I gigged it that night. Really love it so far... and it can be used for electric guitar amplification as well. The acoustic tones in the Roland Cube Street Ex are very good, almost as good as the Fishman stuff. And the biggest benefit of the EX is that it runs for a long time on batteries and is very lightweight.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbio84 View Post
I have a Yamaha SLG and I plug it into a Peavey ecoustic. I love the sound. It's a heavy enough amp, but small in size if you get the ten inch. I have the old one though and the new ones look slightly larger.

On the Yamaha site they recommend their own THR10. This is specifically designed for portability and small size. I don't think it goes very loud though. Good reviews in,une of this one. Would love to get one if I run into extra cash.

Anyways, just some suggestions.
The THR10s sound great (for electric guitar at least), but just don't have enough volume or thump for gigging IMO.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical