The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-07-2016, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
Thanks to everyone for your input. I will plan to visit All Strings Nylon in Nebo, NC so I can see and play all the options. I am really ready to be finished with my quest!
Hi, You are making the right decision. I bought a Kenny Hill Estudio E640C from
Chuck Mafione and picked it up at his shop in Nebo, NC. Chuck is a very nice
and knowledgeable guy. You can see all models of Cordoba and Kenny Hill.
He can really help you make your decision. Have fun
Norman
PS: Remember Kenny Hill designed the Cordoba Classical Guitars
Old 07-07-2016, 06:22 AM

While they are out of your budget, I recommend playing the more expensive Kenny Hill's and Cordoba's they have in stock. I can't say whether they may or may not sound better to you but it is always good to sample the range when you have the chance. In your range, one of the nicer Kenny Hills I have tried had a 640 mm scale. While I didn't like the idea of the shorter scale, I liked the sound. And it didn't seem to affect playability too much one way or the other.

I have owned three Cordoba's and still have two that I play regularly. Good utility value instruments. I am not a huge fan, with the caveat I have not played the higher end Cordoba's, just the standard big box store offerings. And that shop lists several Cordoba models at the lower price point that are not standard big store fare. Looking at the All Strings Nylon selection, I admit to having a bias toward the Kenny Hill models. In my experience, both from a build quality and sound perspective. But you have to take each guitar on it's merits.

Have fun,

hunter
Old 07-07-2016, 05:30 PM

Default Kenny Hill still with Cordoba?

So he's got his own line concurrent with his Cordoba work? I thought perhaps might have moved on to his own company exclusively.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical