The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 AM

I want to change the channel on the giant plasma screen but the remote is over there. :-(
Old 08-23-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc View Post
I want to change the channel on the giant plasma screen but the remote is over there. :-(
You don't have voice command?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 AM

I can’t stand the blatant disregard for spelling and grammar on the internet, or bad service at a restaurant. Don’t even get me started on what my day is like without my morning cup of coffee.

Authorized Dealer of:
Breedlove - Jackson - Fender - Martin - Schecter Guitar Research - Crossrock Cases
Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

I am so tired of the overused word "awesome."
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 AM

i would like to vent about a first world problem. i ordered some elctronic supplies from tigerdirect.ca. i know they are bigger in the usa, but they also have a canadian website (mentioned above). their contact address is ontario. anyway, after i placed the order, a couple of days later i was sent some tracking information. i checked it and all but one item had shipped, leaving from south carolina. i was surprised it didn't ship from within canada. it was shipped via ups and now there will be taxes and brokerage fees to pay to ups. i went digging around their website and eventually found the little print that said things ship from the us and that duties, taxes, etc are the buyer's responsibility.

so i feel a little deceived by that. also, to top it off, this morning i was notified that the last item had been shipped. i checked the tracking and it showed the item was delivered yesterday in naperville, illinois (!?).

so i'm having a mild first word problem. feels good to vent. sorry (a little) if you actually read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc View Post
with thanks to porkpieguy:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
You don't have voice command?
Or just clap your hands?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingMusic View Post
I can’t stand the blatant disregard for spelling and grammar on the internet, or bad service at a restaurant. Don’t even get me started on what my day is like without my morning cup of coffee.
I don't think you should use a coma before "or".
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
I don't think you should use a coma before "or".
Probably not.

Authorized Dealer of:
Breedlove - Jackson - Fender - Martin - Schecter Guitar Research - Crossrock Cases
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I am so tired of the overused word "awesome."
HA HA HA that is awesome!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM

Here's my first world problem for today:

Public sale for a music awards show started today. Show is at the Ryman (in Nashville), about five states away. Of course, the online tix sales are linked through Ticketmaster... Ticketmaster is its own first world problem , but I digress ... anyways, presales have already gone to conference attendees, so a good chunk of the seats were already spoken for, before any seats were released to the public. So I go on the website at 10:01 this morning, and do my tix request. Choices available are either 1) Obstructed view, last couple rows, lower level, or 2) Nosebleed balcony with 'limited' view. Also known as obstructed, when you can only see part of the stage :-/

What to do what to do??? Do I get these crap seats, and know I'll get in to the show, or do I take my chances walking up to the ticket window an hour before the show, hoping last minute tix are available???

Actually, I didn't freak out... I'm taking my chances on a walk up. I did great with that last year
Old 08-23-2013, 12:40 PM

The ire I feel when someone forgets an 'm' in the word comma.
facebook
Instagram
Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhancox View Post
My father-in-law twists it on counter-clockwise too. People who do this are not mechanical. They have no concept of right to tighten, left to loosen. Drives me nuts.

The toilet paper thing irritates me too. It's unnatural to have it roll off from behind. When it's on "backwards", how often do you find yourself rolling it back and forth trying to find the end? When it's on correctly, the end should be visible. It's a simple matter of efficiency. Maybe it's just a couple of extra seconds, but over a lifetime, think of all the time you've wasted looking for the end of the paper. It's tragic, I tell ya!

Think about it:

Lets say you live to be 75. You don't start using the toilet paper yourself until you're 5 (for the sake of discussion). So that's 70 yrs of using toilet paper. Lets say you go every day with the odd day where you don't so each year you go 350 days out of 365. You spend two seconds each time you go, looking for the end of the toilet paper because everyone in your life has always beaten you to it and put the roll on backwards.

So that's 2 seconds a day, for 350 days, for 70 years. That's 49,000 seconds of your life wasted. That's 816 mins. That's 13 hrs. That's practically a whole day of being awake!

Who would want to spend a whole day rolling the toilet paper 'round and 'round?
Ah, but don't forget all the double, triple, and quadruple strikers and flushers. Way more than 2 seconds invested.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog Guitars View Post
What moron did that?......Oh....wait......never mind.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfreggie View Post
Leaky washers in garden hoses and the attachments -- they just do not seem to last, and every year replacing some, and the little leaks and sprays from the connections are quite annoying!
AMEN to that.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhancox View Post
My father-in-law twists it on counter-clockwise too. People who do this are not mechanical. They have no concept of right to tighten, left to loosen. Drives me nuts.

The toilet paper thing irritates me too. It's unnatural to have it roll off from behind. When it's on "backwards", how often do you find yourself rolling it back and forth trying to find the end? When it's on correctly, the end should be visible. It's a simple matter of efficiency. Maybe it's just a couple of extra seconds, but over a lifetime, think of all the time you've wasted looking for the end of the paper. It's tragic, I tell ya!

Think about it:

Lets say you live to be 75. You don't start using the toilet paper yourself until you're 5 (for the sake of discussion). So that's 70 yrs of using toilet paper. Lets say you go every day with the odd day where you don't so each year you go 350 days out of 365. You spend two seconds each time you go, looking for the end of the toilet paper because everyone in your life has always beaten you to it and put the roll on backwards.

So that's 2 seconds a day, for 350 days, for 70 years. That's 49,000 seconds of your life wasted. That's 816 mins. That's 13 hrs. That's practically a whole day of being awake!

Who would want to spend a whole day rolling the toilet paper 'round and 'round?
your father in law could be viewing the twisting from the other end (the bag end) in which case it would still be clockwise.

i have a problem with "righty tighty, lefty loosy" saying, as it ignores the fact that when you turn a circle, regardless of clockwise or counter-clockwise, half is moving to the left and the other half is moving to the right. the unwritten (but crucial) part is assuming a marker at 12 o'clock. but that's probably best for another thread. i started a thread about this once (on a different forum), and was practicially banned by the end of it. no joke. surprisingly touchy subject.

i'll have to think about (and take note) of the time i spend searching for the end of the tp. it always looks funny to me to have it in a overhand fashion.

i hear joe walsh agrees with you, and he's been in a lot of bathrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog Guitars View Post
very nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic