The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM

Default Victor Banjola - Two Fingerstyle Tunes

If you're curious about this instrument I've posted two fingerstyle tunes which you can find here:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=343046

Thanks,

Ric
Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous stuff. Quite a different instrument, but boy does it sounds sweet. What's the scale length on it? Woods, is it a custom build, what the heck made you pick something so obscure? It's certainly worthwhile to get that sound.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:01 AM

A very nice instrument and great playing. Sounds really good.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwaugh View Post
That is absolutely gorgeous stuff. Quite a different instrument, but boy does it sounds sweet. What's the scale length on it? Woods, is it a custom build, what the heck made you pick something so obscure? It's certainly worthwhile to get that sound.
Thanks Rick!

The scale length is 25.4. The top is western red cedar and the back/sides are flamed koa. The neck is mahogany with an ebony fingerboard.

In 2009 I found an antique banjo at an estate sale and restored it. This started off a quest to learn to play the instrument in a variety of styles. I've been focusing almost exclusively on the banjo since then. I discovered the Victor Banjola but held off on buying one because I knew it would be all encompassing as it would tie together my many years of playing fingerstyle guitar with the banjo into one instrument. It truly completes the circle for me.

Thanks icuker for your find feedback too!

Ric

Last edited by Ric Hollander; 06-25-2014 at 07:32 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments