The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-08-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Roland JC77 okay for acoustic?

To show how ignorant I am, I didn't know that there was a difference between an electric guitar amp and an acoustic guitar amp until I bought a Taylor T5 and was told to play it through a PA or an acoustic amp. I happen to have a small PA but I also have a Roland JC77. I guess the JC77 would not qualify as an acoustic amp, but, in it's true stereo and beautiful chorus, can it pass as an acoustic amp?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:31 PM

I owned a J77 for several years and loved it. Very nice for Jazz or clean electric sounds. The distortion sucked, the chorus is just about as good as it gets, IMHO.

I think it would be a very good match for a T5. It sounded great when I used it with a Godin 3 Voice (acoustic piezo output) or a 335.

Why not try it and tell us what you think.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing through the PA using effects in a behringer powered mixer, then I played through a Johnson J Station and into my JC 77 and I guess when you keep adding electronics who knows what sound you will get and while I am not a purist, I would prefer to keep it as simple as possible and still get good tone, etc... Is there an acoustic tube amp on the market?
ctb

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification