The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-19-2017, 10:06 AM

Default Can small mixer be plugged into a fishman loudbox?

Sorry I'm sure this has been covered but haven't found it......but on a super rare occasion where in a small venue I may need another 2 channels for an extra Mic or guitar, can I put a small mixer into a loudbox? Thru aux maybe? Anyone done this? Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls24 View Post
Sorry I'm sure this has been covered but haven't found it......but on a super rare occasion where in a small venue I may need another 2 channels for an extra Mic or guitar, can I put a small mixer into a loudbox? Thru aux maybe? Anyone done this? Any help is appreciated.
If there's an Aux input, there's no earthly reason why you couldn't put a small mixer through it. I have a different amp, but I know for sure that I can do that. That's the basic purpose of an Aux input.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:02 PM

I have been using the aux input on my Loudbox Mini with an older 8 channel cheapo Yamaha mixer.... The mini makes for a nice stage monitor for my duo.. And for living room rehearsal it is the PA.

The Yamaha mixer eq has way better eq centers than the mini.

The fishman to its credit has great sounding speakers.. But i have never been happy with the eq.

The yamaha has eq centers at 2.5k for mids which dialled back dlightly removes the most of piezo or digital harshness..its perfect with the Aura models..

It has a 10k shelf for highs. 100 hz for lows and an 80 hz hi pass filter.

Last edited by Tommy_G; 10-19-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Using the Aux in for this purpose shouldn't be a problem. Just be aware that none of the effects are part of the signal chain for the Aux circuit. If your mixer doesn't have effects and you want some on that signal you could use one of the 2 available channels since you're functionally increasing the channels you have by using the mixer. Just be aware of your gain staging if you go this way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification