The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-11-2017, 02:00 AM

Default NGD Camps CW-1 Crossover

Hi folks

I'm a well-known member of the carbon fibre sub forum. I've popped over here a couple of times, once asking about crossovers.

Well I've finally grown tired of the metallic trebles of the acoustics and especially, all the extra effort required to get the same volume as a nylon string. So, living in Space and in Barcelona I walked to the nylon string experts of Catalunya and spent an hour with Alhambra and Camps crossovers.

The Camps was by far the most comfortable and ergonomic. The Alhambra had slightly more projection, but the Camps was loud enough. I settled on the Camps for 705 euros as the tone was good, the build impeccable and the ergonomics perfect for me.

25 inch scale
Radiused fret board
48mm nut (I can still thumb over!)
Cut away

http://www.guitarrascamps.com/en/gui...-camps/22/CW-1

I got the better of the two CW1s that they had in store and I don't think I'll ever go back to steel strings. It's just so much more fun with less effort and I now prefer the nylon string sound. Just got a whole new world of strings to learn about.

It's a solid cedar top, laminate back and sides. I thought that was strange at first, but the tone is great and projection good. With the high humidity here and I'm quite happy to have a great sounding guitar with some structural help from the laminate back and sides.

It's also great to live in Spain and buy a locally made guitar
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

Last edited by sirwhale; 03-11-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:19 AM

Congrats on the new member to your family! I hope you enjoy it no end.

Good luck trying new strings...Remember they can be bought in half sets to facilitate balancing the timbre.

Regards
D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical