The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Default Need advice with mic choice ...

Gday friends ... I have been playing acoustic for five month"s now and I think I would like to try and sing along with a mic now .. Im just a baby in this grand adventure to make music .. I do not have any idea what would work for me or what mic is a good choice ... I have a Crate Acoustic .. Cimeron AMP ... It has two inputs , chanel 1 just has the gain control and chanel 2 has the normal low med high and reverb for the guitar plugin ... I picked up a sennhieser 815s fairly cheap but when pluged in there is almost no sound until the gain is turned all the way up then it makes a little sound ... sooo is there a mic that i can plug in that would work better ?? does my mic need some think like a preamp ? what is the simplest mic settup for this amp ?? can someone please educate me ..... Thankyou Kindly ... Davey
Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 AM

I'd recommend for starters to get a Shure SM57. Less than a hundred bucks, works well on most things and you can sell it later if things don't work out.

Jim McCarthy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification