The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-20-2008, 09:56 AM

Default takamine

have an acoustic/electric takamine i purchased about 20 or more yrs. ago. it has treble, base, +gain eq. # stamped on inside is EF381R it,s in excellent condition, and has a great lookin case. could any one tell me what this worth ???? appreciate any info. Bg Anch.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 AM

Default hello-ef381r

hello
are you still wondering about this guitar---i have/had one as well that met with a nasty fate--ran it over with the tractor--yuk

i liked the guitar more the look than the sound but that may have been the operator-ha ha

my buddy also has one and he purchased his new in 1980-82 in New Glasgow,Nova Scotia---i am not sure why you were asking and i know the message is old but if you were selling i would be interested--thanks a lot--Kevin
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM

I know this thread is already 7 months old, but let's not get into using other sections of the AGF as a substitute for our Classifieds. If someone can privately help rjag with this information, that would be great.

One source that helps sometimes is the completed auctions feature of eBay. You may not find the exact same model in the same year and condition, but occasionally you can come close. Good luck!

cotten
Old 11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

There's takamine forum..and you can get plenty of resources from them..

good luck..

http://www.takamineforum.com/forum/

Goodall Jumbo Royal Hawaiian

Merill & Co C-41

Merill & Co OM-18
Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enerfoam View Post
hello
are you still wondering about this guitar---i have/had one as well that met with a nasty fate--ran it over with the tractor--yuk

i liked the guitar more the look than the sound but that may have been the operator-ha ha

my buddy also has one and he purchased his new in 1980-82 in New Glasgow,Nova Scotia---i am not sure why you were asking and i know the message is old but if you were selling i would be interested--thanks a lot--Kevin
That's funny because I found this tidbit about Mary Coogan:
On stage, her guitar is a Takamine EF-381R, which was run over by a car and rebuilt by Gary Evans. It's strung with John Pearse phosphor bronze lights and gives her "a nice, warm sound and enough volume, without the feedback." On stage, Coogan uses a Boss equalizer and occasionally a Boss reverb pedal for slow pieces. She plays with big, yellow .073-gauge Jim Dunlop Tortex flatpicks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification