The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-26-2016, 02:44 PM

Default Happy Day

A new song I am working on...Happy Day. I'm not sure the bridge is "finished" but it seems to work.

This was recorded on a Taylor NS72ce, with a Sure SM81 Mic, A.R.T. Tube amp preamp, to a Olympus LS10 recorder, with a little treble boost and reverb in Audacity...Would like to hear comments back from all.

Also I am attaching Amusing...This was recorded using the same guitar just plugged into the LS10 recorder.

Is either recording better or not so much to your ear?

Best regards to all -- Happy Day
David Rock

Last edited by David Rock; 09-27-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:26 PM

Hi, both songs are really nice and well played, constructed. I would recommend though using Reaper instead of Audacity ... they are for different purposes. Reaper is more complete Digital Audio Workstation with better plugins and much better sound recording. Audacity is a neat, awesome application but not very used for mixing or mastering purposes. It is more like an audio editor. But this is my view and different opinions will be welcome. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:35 AM

I'm not sure why I would want Reaper. I agree Audacity recording is...well it just is, but I record to the Olympus LS10, then take it to Audactity...

What do I get with Reaper?
Old 10-02-2016, 03:42 PM

Default Happy Day passing chords

Just a note...

In the A section of this I used Bb as a passing chord to the C b5 (as a passing).

In the second half of the A section, You will find 2 diminished chords (call them what you want) leading to the I (G).

For the chorus there you will find C9 to D9 then a progression of C9, Eb9, D9, Dm9, CMaj9, B7, A7, then resolved to G.

For the bridge it is Em, Dm, Ab, resolve to G, then Em, Dm, Ab, Bb, resolve to G.

Comments? Any appreciated.

Tabs are available if requested for anything I do.

Best to all

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell