The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorSteve View Post
All are safe used responsibly. None are safe when careless around them. I use these (different names by different sellers) and have never had even a close call so - BE CAREFUL and you'll be fine with most of them.

Attachment 457
I agree. I am also a big fan of Hercules stands. Unless I abused it I can not envision having a problem with one. And I use them with some very expensive guitars
Old 05-05-2016, 09:44 AM

I have a couple of these Hercules stands...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...ustic-electric

for both my electric and acoustic guitars. I have not had any problems with them structurally or affecting the nitrocellulose finish on my either of my guitars, but I've only had them for over a year. Great on carpet and smooth floors and folds up for portability if you need to take it with you.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorSteve View Post
All are safe used responsibly. None are safe when careless around them. I use these (different names by different sellers) and have never had even a close call so - BE CAREFUL and you'll be fine with most of them.

Attachment 457
I agree.

I have different types of stands and I have never had an issue with any of them. It comes down to personal preference.

I have a cooper stand, I have the ones here^^^, I have an ultimate stand that is just like the Hercules stands only less expensive, and I have an A frame stand and I use them all in different applications.

I also use different stands for different guitars.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
I recommend these from K&M: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...e-guitar-stand

Holds five electrics and or acoustics. Will not hurt nitro finishes either. I bought mine from a local store (Jim's Music) and it was less than the link above.
Thanks Growler, this looks like what I'm looking for. No plastic parts to give way and drop your guitar on the floor
Old 05-05-2016, 07:01 PM

I 've used the Hercules single upright stand with the folding yoke for years with zero problems.
Froggy Bottom: P-12
Martin CS 000-28 VTS
Walkabout Dulcimer
Fender: Select HH Tele
Old 05-05-2016, 07:15 PM

I've been using a variety of Hercules stands for years in my lesson studio, on stage, and at home. No issues that weren't attributable to misuse, and that only happened once while the stand was folded and stored in a vehicle. Several of these stands were also subjected to summer camp conditions.

Awesome products.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNowlin View Post
Thanks Growler, this looks like what I'm looking for. No plastic parts to give way and drop your guitar on the floor
Glad to help. I really like mine. I've had it a couple years and no issues.

K&M also has a great warranty and parts policy. If I remember correctly, they have a five year warranty and a ten year parts availability guarantee. Never needed it, but I really like the idea.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:08 AM

My Hercules stand has served well for years. No complaints at all.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:36 AM

Quite a few online reviews complain about the latch handle assy on K&M getting sticky/gooey.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:26 PM

I've been using these for years:

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/gs-100.html

But, I add one of these "hangar bras" so that the rubber isn't touching the neck:

http://www.guitarsleeve.com/GuitarSl...ppingCart.html

I've never had any problems whatsoever.

Matt
Old 05-07-2016, 11:24 AM

I have a Hercules stand that works great at open mics and gatherings.

However my playing at home is primarily confined to the living room & I like having a guitar within reach when the mood strikes me. The Hercules stand was not acceptable in appearance to my wife.

She insisted that if I was going to have a guitar stand in the living room that it look good with the room decorations.

So, I have a wood stand from south mountain wood works in PA
(www.southmtwoodworks.com).

Scott was awesome to deal with. I have had my stand for at least 5 years now... it's been banged & bumped by dogs, people, vacuum cleaners, etc.. with a guitar in it and I have never had an issue.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:47 PM

I have one of the Hercules stands that holds 3 guitars. Had it for years and never had a problem with it. Have 3 of the ultimate stands too. They have worked just fine as well. Friends have the Hamilton stands and I see no problems with them either. Useful tools.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 05-07-2016, 03:22 PM

Had a 3-some Hercules stand. Two of the neck clasps that pivot to secure the guitar failed after light use.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:52 PM

Hercules stands for me too. Never had a problem.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Hercules Contact info

OK...I have to put this out there:
I had one of the notorious sticky rubber, single guitar with ratchet clasp stands--it became so deteriorated that the height adjust disintegrated. I emailed Jupiter Music and was given a contact for Alexis Alduenda, Customer Service Rep. She had me answer some questions and send pictures and said my new stand would be there in about two weeks (even though I had no receipt). Sure enough, nice new (and sturdier) stand delivered free. Great response and customer service.

Here is the email if you need it; [email protected]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion