The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM

Default It actually works.

Sometimes I'm amazed at the useful stuff you can find on Youtube. Yesterday I saw an ad in the local classifieds for 2 electric guitars for $25. They were cheapies that I normally would have no interest in. But one was child size that I though a good toy for 3 year old grandson. And I just happen to know another local youngster who has been longing for a guitar. But his parents can't afford to get him one. So I thought I'd give him the other.
Arrived to look at them and the small one appeared in good order. Just the larger one had a broken nut and a warped neck. With the bend at the headstock end around the 4th/5th fret. As you will see illustrated. I was about to back out, but the guy appeared desperate for the sale and not only dropped the price to $20. But threw in a small amplifier. Which I have not checked to see if it works. So I bought them and got home and began attempting to adjust the bow out of the larger guitars neck via the truss rod. No go. So I get on the net to see if anything else I could do. And find this video. Tried it tonite and it actually worked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtAJDbPrNnU
Old 01-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Very cool!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic