The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-08-2014, 06:59 AM

Last edited by unimogbert; 03-07-2023 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongwriterFan View Post
Why would one pilot around Indonesia to avoid radar only to crash into the ocean?
Don't know, but if it happened as reported there's no way the plane was not under control.

max
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
The black boxes, the cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder, are located in the tail of the 777 and though not absolutely certain, I don’t think they are accessible in flight.
One of WS Journal or NY Times had an article and illustration of that in recent days.

It's crazy to me to see how this is still such a topic when I go by or or work near a TV when there's other news.

On the crazy topic my opinions lean toward a good article that was in Wired written by a pilot or what two acquaintances (pilots) say. Our recently retired neighbor flew 777, and my other friend Airbus and military aircraft but they've like that article discussed what can happen or what their training dictates if there's fire or electrical problems. They think something went wrong such as a fire or electrical problem and the plane just kept going.

I'm not saying this is not sad and a tragedy as much as thinking it's pathetic how there seems to be no or little other news for many. A break room I use around lunch time has this and basketball pretty much main topics. The stupid way pop news is covered these people make me think of the saying about frogs starting the boil in cold water or thrown in the boiling water.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:15 PM

The link below will take you to a brief article in Flying Magazine that discusses the various theories being bandied about regarding the fate of Flight MH370.

http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/going...MzAwNDM1MzIyS0
Old 04-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I have a question about the black boxes in general, and wish to pose a thought about motive for this incident that I don't recall having been addressed in the other thread on this subject, or in the media…..

One or more highly knowledgeable individuals on-board knew how to manipulate systems and perform unusual maneuvers that have lead to this mystery. Further, the CNN analysts demonstrating scenarios in the 777 flight simulator have been discussing the possibility of taking down such an aircraft on water relatively intact, then sinking without much if any debris. It seems possible in very skilled hands, but not if on autopilot (e.g. a dead cockpit crew).

Does anyone here have any idea if it would have been possible to also disable the black box such that the detection signal will not emit at all, and/or the data in the box will be wiped out? To me, it seems to be a reasonable extension to the manipulation other systems so as to not be found.

If so, it seems plausible that the the perpetrator(s) could have sought to carry-out the perfect disappearance and mystery. Deranged thinking for sure, but within the realm of human behavior and action.

Thoughts?
I'll quote my initial post that started this thread and largely stick to my theory as described above that I started with. The latest developments seem to support this somewhat, so I'll expand on my theory...

Likely someone, whether the pilot or co-pilot, was on a suicide mission and to going out with a bang by creating a mystery (for any of a number of motivations), and may have done so by killing the other pilot and any other crew that might have managed to enter the cockpit, disabling any tracking systems (as already known and possibly including the black boxes/flight data and voice recordings by pulling breakers), then ascending to an altitude that rendered the passengers dead or incapacitated (with measures to protect himself), then descending and attempting to fly undetected to the best of his knowledge of radar systems and knowing where fuel supply would take the plane on a southern flight path (and even possibly knowing the forecasted weather conditions for smoothest waters and depth of ocean), so as to successfully set the plane down…to sink with little/no debris and likely never to be found. The thinking was likely that the pinger life duration would probably run out before found. Perhaps a miscalculation. Time will tell. It wouldn't surprise me that if the black boxes are found, there is little to no data saved because of earlier disabling, but where the pinger can't be stopped because of separate activation when in contact with water.

I also think that officials (crisis managers) at very high levels know this, are spinning/influencing the release of information and direction to the assets on the water. To detect the pings just before they become undetectable and with no debris, is way too coincidental.

Even if the black boxes reveal little/nothing due to disabling, that in and of itself will be very telling.

Last edited by Acousticado; 04-09-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 AM

Last edited by unimogbert; 03-07-2023 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Any thoughts now on MH370?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Stiv123

Quote:
Originally Posted by capo_critters View Post
I made an MH370 Interactive Dashboard.

-- Robert
Now this page can't be found. Coincidence?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Yes....I still think it is sitting on the ground, somewhere in S.E. Asia being outfitted as a WMD...I'm not a conspiracy theorists, but haven't seen anything to rebut. Passengers and partial crew are long gone...
Old 07-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
After 3 months:

Indian Ocean 1, Man's Technology 0

I've heard it said that we know more about the surface of the moon than we do about Earth's oceans, which reminds me of a National Enquirer cover that I saw years ago while standing in line at the grocery store. The headline of that particular issue stated in that notorious paper's typically enormous font: "B-52 found on surface of moon". Of course, as "proof" there was an accompanying photo. I expect to see a similar headline soon...

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 07-05-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratLes View Post
Yes....I still think it is sitting on the ground, somewhere in S.E. Asia being outfitted as a WMD...I'm not a conspiracy theorists, but haven't seen anything to rebut. Passengers and partial crew are long gone...
While I think that anything is possible, I don't get this theory only because a jet plane is a relatively cheap thing to buy for larger terrorist groups -- so why go to all that bother? That, plus the fact that there was some good, apparently, evidence of the plane being tracked into the southern Indian Ocean, and even some pinging detected for a while... Quite an amazing mystery, though, any way you look at it.

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratLes View Post
There has been plenty to rebut the theory that the plane landed successfully and surreptitiously as Slewis just summed up in his post.

If not one before, perhaps thou hast now become a conspiracy theorist.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
and even some pinging detected for a while...
The pinging was determined to be from the ships doing the searching, NOT from the aircraft.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 AM

This was sent to me recently in an email. However, I'm not sure I'm buying the ability for someone to take over control a wide body as detailed in this story. Put on your conspiracy hat and read on:

As the Americans are withdrawing from Afghanistan; one of their command and control systems (used for controlling pilotless drones) was hijacked by the Taliban when an American transport convoy was moving down from one of the hill-top bases. The Taliban ambushed the convoy and killed 2 American Seal personnel, seized the equipment/weapons, including the command and control system which weighed about 20 tons packed into 6 crates. This happened about a month ago in Feb 2014.

What the Taliban wants is money. They want to sell the system to the Russians or the Chinese. The Russians are too busy in Ukraine. The Chinese are hungry for the system's technology. Just imagine, if the Chinese master the technology behind the command and control system, all the American drones will become useless. So the Chinese sent 8 top defense scientists to check the system and agreed to pay millions for it.

Sometime in early Mar 2014 the 8 scientists and the 6 crates made their way to Malaysia thinking that it was the best covert way to avoid detection.

The cargo was then kept in the Embassy under diplomatic protection. Meanwhile the Americans have engaged the assistance of Israeli intelligence and together they are determined to intercept and recapture the cargo.

The Chinese calculated that it would be safer to transport it via civilian aircraft so as to avoid suspicion. After all the direct flight from KL to Beijing takes only 4 and half hours and the Americans will not hijack or harm a civilian airliner. So MH370 is the perfect carrier.

There were 5 American and Israeli agents onboard who were familiar with Boeing aircraft operation. The 2 "Iranians" with stolen passports could be among them.

MH370 was about to leave Malaysian air space and report in to Vietnamese air control when an American AWAC jammed their signal, disabled the pilot control system and switched over to remote control mode. That was when the plane lost altitude momentarily.

How can the AWAC do it? Remember 911 incident? After the 911 incident all Boeing aircraft (and possibly all Airbus) are installed with a remote control system to counter terrorist hijacking. Since then all Boeing aircraft can be remote controlled by a ground control tower. The same remote control system used to control the pilotless spy aircraft and drones.

The 5 American/Israeli agents soon took over the plane, switched off the transponder and other communication systems, changed course and flew westwards. They dared not fly east to Philippines or Guam because the whole South China Sea air space was covered by Chinese surveillance radar and satellites.

The Malaysian, Thai and Indian military radar actually detected the unidentified aircraft but none reacted professionally.

The plane flew over North Sumatra, Anambas, South India and landed at the Maldives (some villagers saw the aircraft landing), refueled and continued its flight to Diego Garcia, the American Air Base in the middle of Indian Ocean. The cargo and the black box were removed. The passengers were silenced by natural means, lack of oxygen. MH370 with dead passengers took off again using remote control and crashed into South Indian Ocean to make it look that the plane eventually ran out of fuel and crashed.

The Americans have put up a good show. First diverting all the attention and search effort to the South China Sea while the plane made its way to the Indian Ocean. Then they came out with some conflicting statements and evidence to confuse everyone.

The amount of effort put up by China, in terms of the number of search aircraft, ships and satellites, searching first the South China Sea, then the Malacca Straits and the Indian Ocean is unprecedented. This shows that China is very concerned, not so much because of the many Chinese civilian passengers, but mainly for the high value cargo and the 8 defense scientists.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:00 PM

That little ditty was floated by Steve Pieczenik. One time advisor to more than a few Secretaries of State. He has a long list of outrageous claims.
Here are a few listed on Wiki:
Quote:
In 1992, Pieczenik told Newsday that in his professional opinion, President Bush was "clinically depressed". As a result, he was brought up on an ethics charge before the American Psychiatric Association and reprimanded. He subsequently quit the APA.[4]

He calls himself a "maverick troublemaker. You make your own rules. You pay the consequences."[4]

On May 3, 2011, radio host Alex Jones aired an interview in which Pieczenik claimed that Osama Bin Laden had died of Marfan syndrome in 2001 shortly after the September 11 attacks, and that the attacks on the United States on 9/11 were part of a false flag operation by entities within the American government.[31]

On October 20, 2011 in an interview with Alex Jones, Pieczenik claimed that Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi is alive and said "There’s no way they killed Muammar Gaddafi, that’s not our operating mode and I’ve been involved in 30 years with the takeouts and regime changes." He also slammed President Barack Obama by calling him an "obsessional pathological liar".[32][33]

On September 16, 2012, during an interview with Alex Jones, Pieczenik stated that Israel planned to initiate war with Iran during Yom Kippur 2012, unless ex-Mossad and ex-Shin Bet agents assassinated Benjamin Netanyahu.[34] Neither prediction came to pass.

On March 27, 2013, Pieczenik claimed Sandy Hook was a hoax and that it was a false flag event. Pieczenik offered no supporting information for his claims.[35]

On 9 May 2013, Pieczenik claimed Benghazi is the result of a turf war between the CIA and the military intelligence.He suggested that the CIA wished to get rid of General Petraius, and they want to get John Brennan through his illegal SOCOM unit to arm Syria.[36]

max

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic