The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-19-2023, 06:03 AM

I'm still in search..The reason is I can't make up my mind if I just want to go directly to my PA(For ease of hauling gear) or go with a separate Electric guitar amp.(And haul another piece of gear)

For direct....amp in a box is like a Joyo American pedal into a PA or any other pedal that has an Amp/Cab simulation in it..

But I've been entertaining the idea of a low wattage 1-5watt amp that has a beautiful clean

Now it can be a lightweight larger amp that can play at lower wattage if needed (attenuator) The Line6 meets that..the Quilter Cub...or tube amps like the 68 Custom Reverb Champ($899 yikes)

The number one need is the beautiful clean...that can take pedals
Old 12-19-2023, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
Here are two options to go from 3.5mm TRS to 1/4" TS that won't short tip and ring (left and right) together. Most modern audio ICs can handle this, but whatever Positive Grid designed into the Mini does not like it.

This is fine too (it shorts ring to ground or floats ring, on the amp side), for a lot less money. There is no reason to pay for a high end cable to connect line and headphone level signals. It will not work into a TRS 1/4" balanced input. No problems TS or stereo TRS.

https://hosatech.com/products/analog...nects/cms-100/
Two corrections…

The Go also misbehaves if you short tip to ring, similar to the Mini.

The cheapest TRS cable is bulletproof if you configure the Spark output to mono (will work with a balanced, stereo, or mono input).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 12-21-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
I'm still in search..The reason is I can't make up my mind if I just want to go directly to my PA(For ease of hauling gear) or go with a separate Electric guitar amp.(And haul another piece of gear)
The number one need is the beautiful clean...that can take pedals
Have you considered a flyrig? (I think that's the correct term). Tech 21 makes a variety of these, including the Acoustic FlyRig Multi-FX Pedal. It's a single piece of gear that is 12.48 x 2.48 x 1.26 inches, which makes it easy to include in your travel kit. It's kind of a go-between what you've listed: You plug your guitar into it and it into the PA / FOH system.

Helix and Boss make similar products, but they can get pricey. The guitar player in our worship band has a Line 6 POD Go Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal, which he says has taken all the bother out of knob twisting and dial setting.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars