The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Travis,

She looks amazing! The rosewood's colour and grain is very appealing in it's own way.

Congrats!

This is the part where your heart gets a little jumpy as each day passes...

In loving memory of Plaid Coyote...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 PM

the most beautiful EIR ever. Hands down. Kudos!

- Cornerstone Zion - German Spruce/Sinker Redwood Double Top with Madagascar Rosewood B/S and Koa Bevel/Binding

Incoming:
- MichaudMade OM-R Flamed Brazillian R/W & Euro Spruce
Old 07-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Charter Member

Wow Travis, it looks awesome! I know what you mean about the excitement being rekindled. Seeing your guitar with finish after you've stared at pics of the unfinished box so much definitely takes things to another level.

Great work, Peter and Joe!!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:25 AM

is there any audible difference in the guitar's sound with the addition of a soundhole? And if there is, how does the soundhole's shape influence it? Also, if there's a difference why is it not used more? Btw, that's a beautiful guitar, and this soundhole adds a nice touch to it, visually speaking. Very tasteful.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM

this is my favorite pic so far:

Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone...
www.cornerstoneguitar.com

Ukuleles...
www.cornerstoneukes.com
Old 07-08-2009, 04:09 PM

INREDIBLE job so far, especially with the finishing job.

Mind if I ask what you used to get such a high shine? No worries if it's a secret

www.andrewsullivanmusic.com

Facebook - YouTube - Twitter - Instagram
Old 07-08-2009, 06:23 PM

Wow!! The redwood and EIR is beautiful under the finish. A work of art no doubt!

2018 Taylor 412CE
2010 Blueridge BR-163A - Adi/EIR/K&K
Epiphone EF500-M
Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 AM

Moving right along... not a huge update but progress nonetheless. The neck is roughed out and ready for shaping.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Travis and Peter the guitar looks great!!! That sound port is really cool looking. Man two customs (Cornerstone & Mayes) in one year that is some really cool and exciting stuff!!!!! I had missed this thread some how.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
Travis and Peter the guitar looks great!!! That sound port is really cool looking. Man two customs (Cornerstone & Mayes) in one year that is some really cool and exciting stuff!!!!! I had missed this thread some how.
Thanks Bobby... trust me, several "keeper" guitars where sacrificed to enable these two builds at the same time. Namely my Martin OM-28JM and Collings OM-1A... both of which I still miss, but I'm hoping these 2 replacements will erase them from my memory!! The wait is killing though...

Friday is in 2 days... you have to post your video before the weekend is out! okay?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperboy View Post
Thanks Bobby... trust me, several "keeper" guitars where sacrificed to enable these two builds at the same time. Namely my Martin OM-28JM and Collings OM-1A... both of which I still miss, but I'm hoping these 2 replacements will erase them from my memory!! The wait is killing though...

Friday is in 2 days... you have to post your video before the weekend is out! okay?
I will try!!! I'm in the same boat I sold two Santa Cruz Guitars a D12 and Bob Brozman Baritone and a Breedlove to help fund this Mayes purchase. I bought a couple Tacomas to get me by in the mean time which has worked out a DM10E and a Baritone. The baritone is a great instrument and an awesome song writing tool!!!!! The DM10e is great for the money but no comparison to something like a Santa Cruz or this Mayes by any means. Once I get the Mayes I'm going to hang on to the Tacoma DM10e as a back up/beater.

When will you get the Cornerstone?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM

I can't wait to see more; this will be a beautiful guitar.
1991 Fender American Std. Stratocaster: Keystone single coils and updated controls/wiring
Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
When will you get the Cornerstone?
Probably late August... which is somewhat disappointing since the box was closed late March. Some things happened that delayed my build, and now with Healdsburg and Peter completing those guitars with a certain deadline... my SJ is back in the holding pattern. Seems like forever when my build slot started in July '08. I'm hoping the wait will be forgotten once the guitar is in hand...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Probably late August... which is somewhat disappointing since the box was closed late March. Some things happened that delayed my build, and now with Healdsburg and Peter completing those guitars with a certain deadline... my SJ is back in the holding pattern. Seems like forever when my build slot started in July '08. I'm hoping the wait will be forgotten once the guitar is in hand...
I'm sure it will be!!!! Hang in there.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Mine was later than expected as well, and there was a point where I just stopped asking for updates and let Peter do his thing. IMO this is just par for the course when you are dealing with a one-man shop. If I can give you any advice it would be to remain patient and don't rush him. Mistakes happen when things get rushed. I think it's safe to say that Peter wants to get guitars delivered as soon as he can while maintaining a high standard. After all, he doesn't get fully paid until the guitar is completed.

I'm looking forward to your review - I couldn't be happier with mine!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop