The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-15-2024, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa&cedar View Post
If I try one more time, I will choose the veneer version and see what happens.
One thing I'm pretty certain about is that the veneer will make absolutely no difference in the sound. It's purely cosmetic. If there's a difference my guess it would be much more likely related to some minor unit-to-unit variation due to different people working on it, a different batch of carbon fiber, or who-knows-what. Even more likely is that any difference you hear will be related to something else entirely like room acoustics, strings, your psychological state, not having a perfect recollection of what the first X30 sounded like, etc.

I don't claim to have the best ear for judging the relative superiority/inferiority of guitars, but when I was going through indexing all the shipping videos this video below is what made me want to add an X30 to my collection (I'm including a link as well as an embedded version, since I'm not sure the embedded videos always start at the correct timestamp).

https://youtu.be/qLH2iYkc7Qw?t=212

Old 02-17-2024, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanefsky View Post
... this video below is what made me want to add an X30 to my collection ...
I can see (hear) why. Thunderous. And it suits her voice perfectly.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on your X30. I understand your affection for the guitar.

I posted this on the Emerald Facebook forum recently. I absolutely love my X30. It has been coming to pretty much every show I play since I got it in September 2023. It is always rich and musical. Mine has the Graphtech Ghost Piezo/K&K mini pick ups and they work so well on stage and translate the acoustic tone to a great natural sound when amplified.

Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber