The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-15-2021, 08:20 AM

Default Asturias (Leyenda) by Albeniz, Spanish classical..

Thought I'd share this, it's not quite up to tempo just yet but not far off. It's a fairly common Spanish piece you'll likely have heard many times before. Written originally for the piano. It's funny... Rodrigo didn't play the guitar either.

Old 10-17-2021, 02:15 AM

great to hear classical piece. It is difficult piece and bravo for your progress.
One suggestion (if you don't mind) is using Flamenco style Rasgueado may have better effect.

My Youtube Channel
Old 10-17-2021, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrfinger View Post
Thought I'd share this, it's not quite up to tempo just yet but not far off. It's a fairly common Spanish piece you'll likely have heard many times before. Written originally for the piano. It's funny... Rodrigo didn't play the guitar either.

Hi Mike,
this is really a high level piece of music, when played on the guitar. It was Segovia, who brought in the triplets, what becomes a real challange for the right hand with the rasquado....
You ar well on the way and I like your recording. And often music played slowly becomes new flair....

greetings from Geramny
Gerhard
Old 10-19-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnabyguitar View Post
great to hear classical piece. It is difficult piece and bravo for your progress.
One suggestion (if you don't mind) is using Flamenco style Rasgueado may have better effect.
I don't mind at all, in fact, I thought exactly the same after I had recorded it, but then couldn't be bothered recording it again. 😄 I think my mild chord strums were more to do with being sensitive to my neighbours ears at the time. I have very thin walls.

Thanks Gerhard, it is indeed a difficult piece.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell