The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-13-2014, 01:30 AM

Default Squier Mini Strat tuner replacement?

Last year I bought a Squier Strat Mini for my son (8yrs old, soon 9 now). I am generally really impressed with the overall quality (I have a US standard Strat myself and though there is a clear difference in quality - and size of course - for the price the Strat Mini is very good). I did an initial setup and it plays pretty well. I am going to swap out the strings and go one gauge heavier as .9s don't really suit a short scale guitar like this.

My real criticism is the with the tuners. Frankly they are rubbish, not at all smooth in operation and difficult to tune to the exact note. I gather that they are stock Squier tuners, but does anyone out there know of after-market replacements that will fit with a minimum of or even no redrilling etc?
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars