The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 AM

Very good looking!

I took 800 grit sandpaper to my Epi and deglossed it after I bought it. They do seem to harden after a while and get slicker feeling, too.

Acoustics
2013 Guild F30 Standard
2012 Yamaha LL16
2007 Seagull S12
1991 Yairi DY 50

Electrics
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Am. Standard Telecaster
Gibson ES-335
Gibson Firebird
Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 PM

Nice, and congrats! I had some time a month or so ago, found myself near a GC and stopped in to try some electrics, mainly 335 and Les Paul type guitars, maybe a PRS. Those I tried didn't knock me out, so I walked around trying out whatever I thought looked interesting and wound up liking an Ibanez the best (I think it was similar to yours but a single cut). I was pretty surprised. (Also surprising is that the closest contender was a Fender Jazzmaster.)
Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 AM

congrats. When I was looking I wound up with an Epiphone Sheraton II. Made in Korea. With some minor tweaking, I am very happy with the sound, fit and finish.
81 Fender E Strat
13 Epiphone Sheraton II
82 Seagull 12 string
Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 AM

Been playing this little dude for about a week now, very impressed. As I said, I'm mostly fooling with fingerstyle jazz stuff on this and it works very well.

Next step is a better amp.... Currently I've got a little Behringer practice number, it's one of those "modeling" amps with a number of different amp and cabinet types modeled. Theoretically, anyway. Some of the positions are pretty useless but I can get an acceptable sound out of the thing.

I hear good things about the Roland Cube series, and one of the more recommended items, a Yamaha 50 amp, is unfortunately no longer made.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikewer View Post
Been playing this little dude for about a week now, very impressed. As I said, I'm mostly fooling with fingerstyle jazz stuff on this and it works very well.

Next step is a better amp.... Currently I've got a little Behringer practice number, it's one of those "modeling" amps with a number of different amp and cabinet types modeled. Theoretically, anyway. Some of the positions are pretty useless but I can get an acceptable sound out of the thing.

I hear good things about the Roland Cube series, and one of the more recommended items, a Yamaha 50 amp, is unfortunately no longer made.
Any ambitions to buy a tube amp? I have quite a nice Vox with all kinds of effects built in, but I'm toying with getting something a bit nicer for my Godin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars