The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-21-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishrogue View Post
I'm curious about those needing neck resets, how did you determine that a neck reset was necessary? I own over 10 Martin guitars and have never had any neck problems. Several are vintage, some are new, and most are used around 10 years old, or close. I guess I've been really lucky or you are doing something that causes the necks to go bad. Humidity issues? Are the strings too high a tension? Are you careful when handling your guitar? I just don't understand.

Glen
I noticed a gap between the heel and the body on my D18 during a recording session, as well as an inability to stay in tune. Took it to a couple Martin repair guys and the verdict was a neck reset. It seems the dovetail failed quite suddenly (guitar was a bit over 6 months old). Martin took care of the repair through my original dealer and I now play it every day. No problems at all and it sounds and plays incredible.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion