The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:53 PM

Arrow 2016 Blackbird Lucky 13 carbon fiber acoustic guitar **SOLD***

**SOLD***: beautiful Blackbird Lucky 13 acoustic, 2016 build, customized with a K&K pure mini pickup (vs the standard MiSi active pickup). The Lucky 13 model was built to mimic a Gibson L00. It sports a number of standard features, including a soundholes both on the side and also through the top of the neck, providing awesome projection and volume for the player. The clean, black look of the carbon surface looks great. Condition is excellent: the frets have no noticeable wear, K&K pickup works perfectly, and there are no dings, marks, swirls, or any blemishes I can find. Comes complete with the original Blackbird (customized ‘Gator’) soft case, with a few case candy items (sticker, owners certificate, Blackbird info and pick).

I purchased this guitar from a respected AGF’er a year ago, who bought it new in 2016. I recently lost control and added two guitars to my home (a Froggy and an RTaylor), so something has to go – and this guitar size is over-represented in my stable. Tough call – this is a great guitar (and isn't often found for sale used). Good, deep growl on bass and very even across the strings, including a wonderful sparkly treble at the top. Good for fingerstyle, great for strumming. Tone and overall sound is well represented in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ey29ilN6kk

Lucky 13 spec’s include: 1 3/4" nut, 24.75” scale length, 14” lower bout, 2 3/16“ string spacing, 16” fretboard radius, 13 fret neck, MOP fret markers, Gotoh SG 381 1:16 tuning machines and no pickguard. Neck is a comfortable ‘C’; slightly thinner than a Rainsong N2 neck, slightly thicker than a Taylor neck. Guitar was professionally set up for low action in February 2017 (receipt from work included in case). And – if you’re new to carbon fiber – the guitar does not need humidification, desiccation, temperature control or much of anything. Easy to care for, travel with, and leave out for “just because”. I can vouch for it – you play more when a guitar is always out and ready!

The Blackbird is offered for a price of $SOLD, a discount from advertised pricing of a new Lucky 13 – for what will feel like a new guitar. Except you get a K&K instead of the stock MiSi. Price is for cash or paypal (will throw in extra strings for cash purchase), and includes fully insured, cleanly and carefully packed US ground shipping with signature verification. With carbon fiber we'll have no concerns about winter shipments. No trades please.

Can take/email more photos, share detailed measurements of anything needed, and provide any further info needed to interested buyers. I've bought/traded/sold almost four dozen guitars in 4.5 years on AGF, and will gladly provide references. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Carmel Cedar; 01-23-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 12-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Smile Sweet 13 fret!

Super Seller alert. For the very few who do not know Andy, he is a very knowledgeable and stand up guy! Go for it...

Nice one, Andy!

Double soundports! So super stereo for the driver. Very intriguing.

Cool one if you travel a lot!

Best on what is sure to be a FAST SALE!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 12-29-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: More
Old 12-30-2017, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Super guitar and a great seller. Cannot go wrong with this one!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:06 PM

To the information above, I would add that Blackbird recently suspended production of their carbon fiber instruments, in favor of their ekoa / linen composite, unique to Blackbird. I'm glad I got my L13 in October 2016 (ordered in May 2016).

I've used mediums on mine for lowered alternate tunings and for standard tuning. It is currently strung with PB lights. Works fine either way. Everyone I've let try mine loves it -- both wood players and CF players.

This one should go quickly for anyone who is interested in CF guitars. The only L13's you might find now are used, or the very few that might still be in stock at dealers, but pretty long odds there. GLWS!
Old 01-03-2018, 06:44 PM

Thanks Paul, Kori and Earl!

I've answered a few PM's on this, so will share here. Action was adjusted to low (but not "super-low"), to 5.8/64 on the low E and 7.0/64" on the high E, at 12th fret. No buzzing. Currently strung with John Pearse PB lights, which sound awesome.

Thanks Earl for the heads-up on production of new Lucky 13's. Here's the latest on the Blackbird website. Sounds like Blackbird's production has shifted to the higher cost Ekoa models (which they make with proprietary materials), making this Lucky 13 an even better deal vs available alternatives.
Quote:
Starting earlier this year, with the sabbatical of the Super OM, and the addition of Savoy, Blackbird had equal Ekoa models and carbon fiber models, namely four of each. This is still eight models which is a bit much for a 10 person company. ... starting October 2017, we've decided to put a few of them on ice—the Rider steel string and Lucky 13 are on an extended production vacation! Time permitting, we will bring them back in some form and hopefully soon! There are still a few rare models on the way and in stock in dealers.
Have had several serious inquiries, some good AGF'ers are thinking on it. Currently this guitar remains available...
Old 01-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

This is an outstanding Guitar at an outstanding price. The lucky 13 is one of my favorite guitars. It sounds amazing. The videos of this Guitar do not do it justice. It sounds incredible, especially with the added soundports.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:31 PM

I was able to audition this exact same model months ago at my local guitar shop. I was surprised by the volume and projection I was getting out of it! Awesome guitar, great price, fantastic seller! What more can you ask for?
Old 01-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Thanks Bry and Rye. The tone is surprising for its size...that Gibson L00 design was a good one to model this guitar after. No longer available (SOLD).

Last edited by Carmel Cedar; 01-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

Bout time. I didn’t want to have to buy another guitar.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:40 PM

And I got her today, and really like it so far. Andy was a pleasure to deal with, and the way he packed it for shipping was pretty incredible. I have to play it a lot more, but so far, so good. I highly recommend Andy as a seller. Thanks Andy.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
blackbird lucky 13