The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 01:27 PM

Default Larrivee D-03 Mahogany 2003

*I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THE GUITAR*
I may repost sometime in the future, but for the time being, I just can't bring myself to sell it.
For sale is a 2003 Larrivee D-03 mahogany dreadnought guitar. This guitar was built in Larrivee's former Vancouver shop. It has a beautiful sitka spruce top, with some slight bearclaw, that has aged nicely. Back and sides are solid mahogany, one-piece mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and bridge, TUSQ nut, bone saddle, lovely satin finish, and it includes the factory Larrivee hard case. I also have the original TUSQ saddle, Larrivee truss rod adjustment tool, and original care manual.
I had the guitar set up and looked over last year by Denver luthier Geoff Burghardt of iii Mandolins and Guitars ("triple i"). Not much was needed, other than some very slight adjustments to the truss rod and nut. It is currently set up with D'Addario EXP17 medium strings, which really bring out the low-end on this guitar. It is set up somewhat on the lower side, but you can still really dig in and get some incredible volume out of this guitar. It has zero fretwear.

It is in excellent condition. No dents, scratches, or other sort of blemishes on the body. It has the older Larrivee style clear pickguard. The neck has one small little mark near the 3rd fret, that looks like a capo may have bumped it. On the headstock, there is some very minor finish lifting on the ebony veneer near a couple of the tuner posts, which is pretty common with the older Larrivees.

Last edited by wxfloyd; 02-04-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: no longer for sale at this time
Old 01-28-2018, 02:36 PM

Price reduction bump.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:07 PM

Beautiful guitar, and one of my favorites of all time. I would buy it if I didn’t already own 2.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:34 AM

super blue blood moon bump

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars