The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-10-2014, 02:18 PM

Default NGD, NTD and RAD

New Guitar Day - Due to back problems, I traded my beloved Gibson Les Paul Classic for a very slightly used Paul Reed Smith S2 Custom 24. LOVE IT!!! I have been able to play more in the past couple of weeks than I have for years. Will try to post pics soon.

New Tuner Day - My Peterson Stroboclip bit the dust last weekend, ordered a Snark S-1 and got it today....so far I like it okay.

Resurrected Amp Day - After over 10 years of not using my Crate Vintage Club 30 watt tube amp due to crazy volume and tone spikes, (I was assuming it was a wiring/switch problem that an amp tech would have to deal with, since I replaced the pre-amp and power tubes, to no avail, 9 years ago ), I took the advice of someone that told me to try spraying all of the jacks, pots, and switches with Deoxit contact cleaner.....it worked like a charm.

Last edited by guitarded; 10-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM

the peterson probably just needed a new battery. great little item!

i use a snark, but nothing compares with a peterson!!

i've turned on friends to deoxit who don't even involve themselves with music or instruments.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 10-10-2014, 08:36 PM

I put 2 new batteries in the Peterson, when I was able to finally get it to power up, only the top half of the display would show anything, and the display was frozen in place anyway. I don't know what happened to it, I thought it was just a dead battery at first. I loved that tuner, too....
Old 10-11-2014, 05:16 AM

Congrats!!! So sad to see a Les Paul go but a PRS is another great way to go too. Enjoy your PRS.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Here is a not-so-good pic of the guitar and amp. Nothing fancy, but I like them.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Sweet! Do you plan to use the tremolo? I noticed the bar isn't in it.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:18 PM

Thanks, Dru. I have messed around with the tremolo a little. I will probably use it sometimes, but not often enough to leave the bar in. The more I play this PRS, the more I like it! I have come to the conclusion that I made the right decision trading in the Les Paul...I loved it.... and it helps that my initials are PRS also.

By the way, the Peterson seems to be working again for now (knocking on wood!).
Old 10-16-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded View Post
Thanks, Dru. I have messed around with the tremolo a little. I will probably use it sometimes, but not often enough to leave the bar in. The more I play this PRS, the more I like it! I have come to the conclusion that I made the right decision trading in the Les Paul...I loved it.... and it helps that my initials are PRS also.

By the way, the Peterson seems to be working again for now (knocking on wood!).
Since you like the PRS more you definitely made the right decision. I'm like you. Many times when I play a guitar with a tremolo I don't put the bar in it.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Very good choice Guitarded. They are very fine instruments. Mine has a Maple neck, a Johnny Hiland model. -- Darwin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars