The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Guest 928

So, where are they? We're well into October and still no October Emeralds. Maybe October's specials should be skipped and announced as November specials which could then be announced early? Sean, you might warn Alistair that there are rumblings coming from the American Southwest desert.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
So, where are they? We're well into October and still no October Emeralds. Maybe October's specials should be skipped and announced as November specials which could then be announced early? Sean, you might warn Alistair that there are rumblings coming from the American Southwest desert.
Don't listen to a word of this, keep your nose to the grindstone and get out my Custom!
2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's
Old 10-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
This is what happens when one posts "sensational thread titles."

Today is only the 11th, and there was one other month where the Select Series wasn't announced until mid-month. There is still time.

Patience is a virtue... and that is easy for me to say because I already have my Select Series beauty!

The only rumblings coming from the American Tropical Tip are from the thunderstorm that rolled through this morning.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Guest 928

Ah Ha! So Puerto man may be the one holding up the series. Well there will be consequences.

For example, I was going to discuss last Sunday's Emerald action. An out-of-town player showed up and wanted to join in with the two other guitars, a mando, and a banjo. I let him play the X10-OSN while I went with the Rainsong Parlor. When it came time for me to leave the player wanted to buy the guitar. He asked what I had paid and when I told him he said he would pay that and more. I practically had to yank the guitar out of his hands in order to get it back.

That was the story I was going to tell. But now I'm not. No more Emerald stories until I see the October specials. Unless Alistair is working on my custom electric--then his tardiness is excusable.

Also, Captain , it's not fair for the haves to taunt the have-nots. I may just have to call in a moderator.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Ah Ha! So Puerto man may be the one holding up the series. Well there will be consequences.

For example, I was going to discuss last Sunday's Emerald action. An out-of-town player showed up and wanted to join in with the two other guitars, a mando, and a banjo. I let him play the X10-OSN while I went with the Rainsong Parlor. When it came time for me to leave the player wanted to buy the guitar. He asked what I had paid and when I told him he said he would pay that and more. I practically had to yank the guitar out of his hands in order to get it back.

That was the story I was going to tell. But now I'm not. No more Emerald stories until I see the October specials. Unless Alistair is working on my custom electric--then his tardiness is excusable.

Also, Captain , it's not fair for the haves to taunt the have-nots. I may just have to call in a moderator.
Alistair is busy finishing up MY custom, thank you very much!! Until then, NO OCTOBER SELECT SERIES FOR YOU! (In my best 'no soup for you' imitation.)
Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

All this fuss over "Mine!"... "No, mine first!" While I have no inside information, I would assume there is a production schedule. Likely, a "first in- first out" sorta thing. Well, except for Evan's "from the mind of Alistair" creation. So, I'm guessing that there are things that can be done in stages - and while one stage on guitar A is setting up or in the mold, another stage can be worked on with guitars B and C. Makes for a more efficient work flow.

Of course, I could be full of it, and they have some kind of magic Irish machine that they punch a few buttons on and unique guitars spit out on the other side.

I think the original premise of the Select Series was for Alistair to come up with something unique each month, yet still maintain their production schedule; guitars to expand his creative desires... I think the guy is going to need some time off after this year's Select Series offerings. Unless he decides to continue with it. 'Cause I have to say: these have been some amazing offerings each month.

Sean said, "All will be revealed..." You can't rush creativity.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

The monthly Select Series are started months in advanced. I know this from a recent email exchange with Sean where he stated, "The September series was already in production when you placed your order..." I placed my order back in May! So, there you go.

My custom is taking a little longer because I'm getting a custom neck shape based on the Santa Cruz V that has not been done before. Sean said Alistair is working on it personally and it's a "intricate job".

Can't wait to see what the October series looks like! Maybe some cool Halloween orange theme?!? (Do they do Halloween in Ireland...?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
All this fuss over "Mine!"... "No, mine first!" While I have no inside information, I would assume there is a production schedule. Likely, a "first in- first out" sorta thing. Well, except for Evan's "from the mind of Alistair" creation. So, I'm guessing that there are things that can be done in stages - and while one stage on guitar A is setting up or in the mold, another stage can be worked on with guitars B and C. Makes for a more efficient work flow.

Of course, I could be full of it, and they have some kind of magic Irish machine that they punch a few buttons on and unique guitars spit out on the other side.

I think the original premise of the Select Series was for Alistair to come up with something unique each month, yet still maintain their production schedule; guitars to expand his creative desires... I think the guy is going to need some time off after this year's Select Series offerings. Unless he decides to continue with it. 'Cause I have to say: these have been some amazing offerings each month.

Sean said, "All will be revealed..." You can't rush creativity.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Those new October selects are really making me think about learning how to play a harp guitar. WOW!
Old 10-12-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Oooooooo! Nice!

How much longer to wait??
Anything like this??
Your on the right track!!!!!
I love that you guys get so much excitement from the Select series each month.
Its been a lot of fun putting them together this year but certainly has also been challenging finding new concepts for each month.
We are currently putting the finishing touches to December and January 2018 is in the works. We usually work about 4 months ahead of time on these.
Stay tuned. Sean will be launching this months series very shortly
Alistair
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 AM

Of course, they’re all Synergys because of the annual Harp Guitar Gathering in Carlsbad, where Alistair is attending.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:46 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Too tempting!!!!!

I want a harp guitar and a fan fret like this (scale)... and you put them in one guitar!!

This is just awesome. The aesthetics on this one with the single bridge is quite stunning. The scale length is just right too, 25 to 26. This sweetens up the high strings, ads power and definition to the bass, all with a transition that is virtually seamless from the standard 25.5 scale. I also like where you put the perpendicular fret. It's like you guys have done this before... It makes 1st position not a horrible twist on the wrist but upper chord play still very nice. Good thing I'm not all that into black. First I need to get my hands on an X20. Then I can look to something as wonderful as this.

So do these harps thunder when you just play the guitar side?? The body is huge. 15¾ width is very manageable (my Taylor is 16¼). 6 5/16 deep is... DEEP. This guitar must have a huge voice! I would love to hear it and feel it in person. I know, I know... just buy it and it can all be arranged.

You guys REALLY hit it out of the park here. BRAVO!!

Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 AM

The first time I listened to Jamie Dupuis on proper speakers, rather than the iPad, I was overwhelmed by the amount of bottom end on that thing. Fantastic!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM

The Synergies look fantastic Alistair!
I have friends who are guitar gassers and yet they hadn't known of Emerald.
When they saw your stuff they all loved them.
I think more music stars will soon find you, and then; The world.

PS>> this is how I feel about my Emeralds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGj3cIWYL4k&t=876s

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber