The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 AM

Default Guild GAD F20

Impressions? Any body?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:11 AM

I have a GAD M20 which is the same size but all mahogany. At the store I bought it from recently got a F20 in stock and so I had a chance to play it. I thought it was a really nice guitar; well balanced tone and wonderful resonance. It is well made and IMO has a beautiful full tone. I prefer small body guitars and am a big fan of the GAD M20 and F20. I played a lot of guitars that were much more expensive but kept coming back to the M20. I thought the F20 was a little brighter sounding and if I had the funds would seriously consider gettting one to compliment my M20.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 AM

I know a couple of folks who own that guitar and the only complaint I have heard is about the saddle. The guitar comes with a rather wide straight saddle which while paying homage to vintage Guilds is not the best design.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 AM

A fine guitar, if unspectacular, solid all around. Reminds me in a general sense of a Blueridge 341, as per general tone. It doesn't sparkle, and its bass is certainly adequate. Easy enough to get absorbed in. A steal for the money? No, but not a waste either.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion