The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
Do not trust Fire and Rain.......he's seen lonely times when he could not find a friend.... For a reason!
Now, that is hilarious. Even so, I always thought that I'd see him again...

Eastman AC630BD --The Hot Blonde
Taylor 317
Rickenbacker 620 Midnight Blue
Yamaha FG700 (lives in Miami for family visits)

"Son, don't wait till the break of day, 'cause you know how time fades away..."
Old 10-25-2014, 10:04 PM

Killing me! she can't come to California his back is always toward the Sun
Old 10-26-2014, 05:05 AM

Sorry to hear about the pain but excited about your new D-18. Shame that it's so close but not in your hands.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Default it happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
I really biffed this. My brand new D-18 was delivered to my office yesterday, one day after I had surgery on my left foot. What was I thinking? The doc gave me a boot and gave me leave to hobble about. My plan was to hop in the car today, drive to my office in downtown L.A., pick up the Martin and get acquainted with my leg up and the dread on my lap.

Fate had other ideas. Once the nerve block wore off, my foot screams with pain if I even look at it wrong. The boot does a fine job at many things, such as immobilizing my toe, getting in the way of everything and impersonating a ski boot, but it does not let me walk pain free, and there is no way I could walk the 5 minutes from the garage to my office. To make it worse, my Taylor 114e was in the shop having a new nut made (the high E string kept slipping off the fretboard) and it was supposed to be done before all of this. It's done, sitting at McCabe's. So I have all this downtime and no guitar.

I know the D18 is in the shipping box from Sweetwater in the corner of my darkened office. It's probably scared, lonely and wondering where its dad is. It has not responded to my text messages, saying I would be there as soon as I could. My cat has been extra solicitous, in that intuitive way animals have. He knows something is up.

The real NGD will be that much sweeter; the pics more vibrant; and the experience more fulfilling. But I really, really could have planned this better. Idiot.
Sometimes we do stupid stuff...I had rotator cuff surgery and "thought" a cruise ship would be a comfortable place to get well 4 days after surgery...trust me...it's not a good place when you have to sleep sitting up...!!!!I've had a "new" version D-18...it will be worth the wait!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

The Post That Might Have Been:

Hey guys, my new D-18 arrived here at my office yesterday. I just had surgery on my foot but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting my new guitar. Yeah, it hurt like crazy but I managed to get down to the car, fired her up and headed into the office. Who knew downtown would be so busy on a Saturday! Construction was blocking my usual parking, so I had to drive around for a while to find a place to park. Man, that foot is really killing me! I can hardly focus my eyes as I'm hobbling into the office and typing this post. Sweat is poring down my face.

Hey, I mad it got here. Excellent! Had to sit down and raise my foot for a while because it was absolutely killing me. But I'm here in my office now with my new guitar! Happy Day!

Now for some fun that I'm sure will help me forget my pain (whew, tall order at this point). The shipping box is way too cumbersome to manage, so I guess it will be easier to open her up and just lug the guitar and case. Bam!! The @#&% thing just fell over right on my foot!! Okay, this isn't good. Let me take a few seconds to led my head clear and hopefully the pain will die down a bit........

.......Where am I and why am I posting a message to AGF on my phone with a giant freakin' box on my foot? I hurt like crazy!!! I'm trying to get this dang box off of me. YIKES!!! HURTS EVEN MORE!!! THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!!! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATIENT!!!.

I'm gonna call for help before the battery on this phone runs down! Maybe you guys should call 911 for me, just in case, if you even get this post Think I'm loosing consciousness agaaaii......

Moral: There are worst things then having to wait an extra couple of days to play your new guitar.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devellis View Post
The Post That Might Have Been:

Hey guys, my new D-18 arrived here at my office yesterday. I just had surgery on my foot but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting my new guitar. Yeah, it hurt like crazy but I managed to get down to the car, fired her up and headed into the office. Who knew downtown would be so busy on a Saturday! Construction was blocking my usual parking, so I had to drive around for a while to find a place to park. Man, that foot is really killing me! I can hardly focus my eyes as I'm hobbling into the office and typing this post. Sweat is poring down my face.

Hey, I mad it got here. Excellent! Had to sit down and raise my foot for a while because it was absolutely killing me. But I'm here in my office now with my new guitar! Happy Day!

Now for some fun that I'm sure will help me forget my pain (whew, tall order at this point). The shipping box is way too cumbersome to manage, so I guess it will be easier to open her up and just lug the guitar and case. Bam!! The @#&% thing just fell over right on my foot!! Okay, this isn't good. Let me take a few seconds to led my head clear and hopefully the pain will die down a bit........

.......Where am I and why am I posting a message to AGF on my phone with a giant freakin' box on my foot? I hurt like crazy!!! I'm trying to get this dang box off of me. YIKES!!! HURTS EVEN MORE!!! THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!!! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATIENT!!!.

I'm gonna call for help before the battery on this phone runs down! Maybe you guys should call 911 for me, just in case, if you even get this post Think I'm loosing consciousness agaaaii......

Moral: There are worst things then having to wait an extra couple of days to play your new guitar.
So funny. And exactly why I'm not on the freeway headed downtown!!

Eastman AC630BD --The Hot Blonde
Taylor 317
Rickenbacker 620 Midnight Blue
Yamaha FG700 (lives in Miami for family visits)

"Son, don't wait till the break of day, 'cause you know how time fades away..."
Old 10-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

Why not have a Taskrabbit get it for you? They're background-checked.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion