The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default SOLD: Goodall MdRGCC Concert size Italian Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood WOW!!

Goodall MdRGCC Italian Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood WOW!!

This concert size is absolutely a splendid example of some of Goodalls best work. I acquired it fairly recently and due to some continued financial strain need to sell it. Probably never should have bought it in the first place, but GAS got the best of me. I LOVE Goodalls. I'm yet to play a single one that isn't really superior in tone and playability. The neck on this one is very easy to handle as well. I don't think it is a slim carve, but it seems easy to play compared to a lot of Goodalls I've played.

I don't need to labor over explaining just how good this guitar is, because anyone who knows anything about acoustic guitars are familiar with the tone that comes out of these Goodalls. Rich and lush, and yet each is distinctively spectacular. This one is the perfect size, and the cutaway make this the perfect "keeper" guitar. This wood combination includes one of my favorite top woods, with the extremely hard to find straight grained quartersawn Madagascar Rosewood...rare and expensive.

The condition:
I can't find a mark on this guitar. It has a clear pickguard which has some light marks, but I can't find any on the guitar itself. The frets are virtually without wear. This guitar has been babied by the previous owner. Beautiful instrument!

Here's what Goodall says about these Woods:

Italian Spruce:

Characteristics: Creamy white, with a golden color.

Details: This is the exact same species of wood as German Spruce, but it comes from a different region and so has slightly different attributes. It is just a bit warmer in color and the winter grain, when visible, is a bit pinker. Tonally, it is said be more focused with a slightly stronger fundamental than regular German Spruce.

Straight grained quarter-sawn Madagascar Rosewood:

Characteristics: Heartwood generally ranges from a light yellow-brown to a darker orange or reddish brown. Darker black streaks are common, and can produce a grain figure known as “spider-webbing” or “landscape,” also found on Brazilian Rosewood and Ziricote.

Details: Most similar wood to Brazilian Rosewood in looks. Madagascar Rosewood is comprised of a number of Dalbergia species only found on the African island of Madagascar. We feel it is tonally somewhere in between East Indian and Brazilian rosewood and suitable for a wide variety of playing styles. This species is now almost impossible to obtain.

Specs:

Shape: Grand Concert
Scale length: 25.5"
Body Length: 19-1/2"
Body Width: 15"
Body Depth: 4-1/4"
Neck Width: 1-3/4"
Bracing: X-Brace
Number of Frets: 20
Neck Material: Honduran Mahogany
Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
Body Finish: Glossy Urethane
Pickguard: Clear
Cutaway: Venetian
Price$5,900
Binding: Figured Koa
Peghead Overlay: Madagascar Rosewood
Fretboard Wood: Ebony
Fretboard Binding: Ebony
Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
Tuners: Gotoh 510 Mini
Tuner Buttons: Ebony
Peghead Inlay: MOP Wings, Abalone G
Fretboard Inlay: Notched MOP Diamonds
Rosette Material: Abalone Shell
Nut/Saddle: Bone
Year built: 2006
Case: Hardshell

The price to have this built by Goodall today with this quality of woods would be in excess of $9,000

SOLD plus Shipping and Paypal. I'm open to some trades plus cash or to reasonable offers.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 01-22-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:32 PM

Dang! That's beauty Mike! Great price as well.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:07 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks to those of you who have reached out to me via pm or email. For our international friends, I prefer to sell this one within the USA. I sold a guitar overseas a year or two ago and got popped with an extra customs fee or export fee or something of about $250 I wasn't expecting. I don't remember what the fee was called, but I certainly remember how rotten it felt.

Based on the inquiries that I woke up to and answered this morning, I don't expect this guitar to be here much longer. So, if you have an interest, speak now. Someone will LOVE this guitar

Old 01-22-2017, 06:47 AM

Cool Stalker Alert

99.9% of the views are mine
Old 01-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

SOLD, thanks AGF

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars