The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD Friday - Martin 000C

Got one of the new Martin 000Cs (that they announced at the last NAMM show) coming in this Friday. Should be interesting to see how it compares with other crossovers including the old Martin nylons with similar specs (STGNE and SRNE). Anybody got one yet and, if so,what do you think about it?

26.44" scale
1.875" nut
Fishman Analog Electronics

Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM

Congrats - I can't wait to see some more pics and a review when it comes in. I'm not familiar with Martin classicals.

So it has a 26.44" scale length?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats - I can't wait to see some more pics and a review when it comes in. I'm not familiar with Martin classicals.

So it has a 26.44" scale length?
Yes, most of the post-1969 Martin nylons and the later model crossovers have 26.44" scales. The crossovers also have radius-ed fingerboards (or however you say and spell that).
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM

Pretty! I've had an SRNE for about 4 years and still love it. Looks like it's similar. Does it come with electronics?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

Default Electronics Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HymnLover View Post
Pretty! I've had an SRNE for about 4 years and still love it. Looks like it's similar. Does it come with electronics?
Yes, it has a Fishman F1 analog system

Old 05-09-2012, 09:34 AM

Nice! The SRNE has the older Fishman Prefix Pro Blend. I'll look forward to hearing your 'review'. Love that bear claw on the top.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HymnLover View Post
Nice! The SRNE has the older Fishman Prefix Pro Blend. I'll look forward to hearing your 'review'. Love that bear claw on the top.
Ok...but the one pictured in not mine. It is a stock promo photo. I don't know if mine will have bearclaw or not. We'll see on Friday. I've had an SRNE a few years ago with the Fishman Prefix Pro. It will be interesting to see how this one differs.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM

Smile Martin 000C Nylon

I picked up one of these just recently, and I love it. It's so easy to play, and I really love how it sounds, but I decided to make my purchase based strictly on how it looked. I liked the 12-fret 000 body style, and the cutaway allows me to use the upper register. I also liked the fact it has a slotted peghead with very ornate brass/gold tuning machines, with amber colored pearloid buttons. The Sitka spruce top "shimmers" in the light and the rosette is unique...bold herringbone between 2 circles of tortoise colored material. The back & sides are mahogany or sapele (not sure which) and have a satin finish. The logo (slightly smaller than my other Martins) is raised gold foil.

And one other fact that convinced me this was the right guitar for me was the Fishman F1 Analog UST pickup. No need to figure out which after-market pickup would be best...it's already installed at the factory. It's nice to have that option available, for me anyway.

Last edited by scottishrogue; 02-06-2013 at 12:10 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical