The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 PM

Default I Destroy a JoYo Pedal to test how tough it is (Video)

So I don't have any pedals anymore, using a Line 6 POD until I can move up to the Helix or maybe even something like a Kemper or Fractal.

Anyway when I had a pedal board my house had lots of things going on to the point where my rig would buzz / hum non-stop. I bought a Noise Gate to see if it would help and it made a huge difference plus it didn't suck too much tone. Even did a YouTube video to prove it.

I always wanted to know how tough pedals were considering we stomp on them hundreds or even thousands of times.

WARNING WARNING WARNING - If you don't want to see a pedal destroyed DO NOT watch the video below.

The pedal: Joyo Noise Gate

The Test: Run it over with my 5000 pound SUV, Throw it up on the air onto the street pavement, skip across the street pavement, drop a 15 pound paver brick, throw it up against my house, hammer test from the top.

The Result: Joyo makes a freaking tough pedal.

Here is the video:

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q

Last edited by jpjr50; 11-09-2016 at 09:00 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars