The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Default 60's Goya G10 any opinions??

I have an opportunity to buy a 60's Goya G10 at a very reasonable price. It's suppose to be in pretty good condition, without structural issues. I already own a Guild Mark III that is a wonderful guitar, but I'm not crazy about the 2" nut width. The Goya I understand will be a little narrower, which should more to my liking. Well, any opinions on this model? How will it measure up to my Guild...tall order I know... I thought I'd throw this out there before taking it for a test ride. Thanks in advance RD

Last edited by {RD}; 02-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 AM

I can't speak to the G10 model, but I bought a G17 around 1962 that was easily the nicest-playing and nicest-sounding nylon string guitar I've owned. Unfortunately, the top developed a severe bow in the late nineties and it became unplayable. I miss it. If I could get another in good shape, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical