The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

Default Gear Fest...

We are at Gear Fest in Ft Wayne, Indiana, put on by Sweetwater. This place is HUGE... with something like 400 vendors with displays. Darn near wore my feet down checking it out today. I mention that in this sub-forum, instead of on the main forum because... I didn't see a single carbon fiber guitar among the hundreds and hundreds of guitars on display.

We picked up a few things, with plans for a few more tomorrow. Fun to look at all the "stuff" (the LR Baggs Synapse was interesting - their take on the Bose premise), but I think the CF manufacturers missed an opportunity... supposed to be 15,000+ people attending over the two days.

I had a good visit with the guy from TC Helicon regarding the Play Acoustic, and will be downloading the newest firmware update (makes using multiple guitars less fussy with adjustments, and increases the looping time from 30 seconds to 60).

Some rain to give it a "real festival" feeling this morning, but mostly sunny for the afternoon. Plenty of demos, good playing, and evening concerts.

I played quite a few guitars... nothing that will be following me home... my Emeralds have spoiled me.

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2017/06...-all-ages.html
Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 PM

Default Fest

Mm, been thinking about that, I'm just a few hours away from there. Thanks for the post, might have to check this out
Old 06-24-2017, 06:35 AM

"didn't see a single carbon fiber guitar among the hundreds and hundreds of guitars on display."

That is interesting. I got my Composite Acoustics Legacy from them not long ago. One of the videos on Sweetwater site is all about how CA is so glad to be partnered with Sweetwater again. Although every time I check for a Gx or Legacy lately on Sweetwater site, it say more arriving soon. Been saying that for 2 months now. Probably has to do with CA unable to get Gotoh tuners and the switch to a custom Hipshot tuner. Bad timing for CA and Gear fest?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:49 PM

Attended today's session. Hats off to Sweetwater for the efforts they invest to put on such a high quality event. First class all the way. Beautiful day, had a great time.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:45 PM

Default New Synth Day

Came home with an Eventide H9 Core and a Roland Juno DS Synth. Didn't even burn up a tank of gas and saved quite a bit of cash on this. Then took 5 items to my friend's music store to sell on consignment. Good day for doing some upgrades.

Great venue, but next time I'm grabbing a lunch from the outdoor vendors
Old 06-25-2017, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

I saw the CA carbon fiber guitars on the Sweetwater website, but did not see any in the store or the outside tent displays. While going to the PickUp area to get our purchases (fast, efficient process), I did see an employee go by with a CA box... so, there must be some... somewhere.

I have to say the whole experience at Gear Fest was positive. And, impressive. I played quite a few guitars, checked out some other interesting equipment, got some good advice from TC Electronics, and heard some good music being played. Well, when you could get away from the cacophony in the background. The sheer volume coming from the drum tent made it the only tent we didn't visit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases